A sandbox allows you to train new users, send test offers and emails, evaluate integrations, and more.
Use your sandbox
Your sandbox is generated as an empty space allowing you to manually add fake data like mock jobs, candidates, or organizational data to test scenarios.
To use your sandbox, open a separate browser window from the one running your production Greenhouse Recruiting environment. We recommend using an incognito window.
Next, log in using your sandbox credentials.
You can always tell whether you're in a sandbox or production environment by the marigold sandbox badge.
Once you log in, you can use your sandbox for a variety of scenarios.
Add new users
You can add an unlimited number of user accounts to your sandbox environment.
To add new users, log in to your sandbox environment and click Configure > Users.
Click + New users and enter the user details.
To add users in bulk, click Bulk import.
Check out Add new users to learn more about user management.
Train new users
Your sandbox offers a unique test environment for your new team members to interact with Greenhouse Recruiting without disturbing sensitive data like real jobs or candidates.
Check out these new user training resources to help get you started:
Send test communications
Use your sandbox to hone the look and feel of your organization's communications, like offer templates, without disturbing your recruiting teams.
You can use your sandbox to create and send new email templates, including interviews and scorecard reminders, as well as offer letters. Use your sandbox to verify email content like images, videos, and links perform as expected.
Try new integrations
Greenhouse Recruiting has over 400 unique integrations with features like video interviewing, e-signatures, and candidate sourcing.
Use your sandbox to test new integrations and explore the most efficient workflows.
Check out a few of our customer-preferred integrations to help get you started:
- BambooHR: BambooHR is the leading provider of tools that power the strategic evolution of HR in small-to-medium-sized businesses by tracking and managing essential employee information in an HRIS.
- Calendly: Impress top candidates and connect with them before anyone else with Calendly's automated scheduling.
- Checkr: Checkr powers the fastest, fairest background checks for businesses of all sizes. It's time to change the way you hire.
- Codility: Gauge your developer candidates' real-life skills with deeply accurate CodeCheck assessments.
- Criteria Corp: World-leading video interviews and aptitude, personality, EI, risk, and skills tests that highlight every candidate's potential
- DocuSign: DocuSign helps businesses easily and securely sign, send, and manage documents in the cloud.
You can use your sandbox to test and build new configurations, such as office and department structures, custom options, permission policies, company goals, inclusion tools, and more. Since changes to organizational configurations can impact downstream integrations or reports, your sandbox offers a safe space to test changes before you deploy them to your production environment.
Sandboxes work with all Greenhouse APIs, allowing you to test custom integrations, make sample requests, and ensure the payloads are what your development teams expect.
Follow these tips to test API with your sandbox successfully: