A sandbox is a test environment that allows you to evaluate configurations, workflows, integrations, and more — all without disturbing real data or your recruiting teams.
If you're getting stuck with your sandbox, a few troubleshooting tips can help get you back on track.
Unable to login
If you're unable to log in to your sandbox, make sure that you are an existing user in the sandbox environment.
- Your sandbox login email address is different from your production Greenhouse Recruiting email address. Email addresses cannot be shared across multiple Greenhouse Recruiting environments. Ensure you're using sandbox-specific login credentials.
- If you're signing in but being routed to your production environment, it means you need to use a different email address to log in to your sandbox account.
- If you forgot your password, enter your email address and click Forgot password.
Unable to test API
Your sandbox works just like a normal production environment, allowing you to test API requests. However, it's important that you use API keys and endpoints unique to your sandbox, and not your production environment.
- API keys are unique to your sandbox and aren't interchangeable with your production environment.
- Some endpoints, such as those on job board API, may require job board tokens unique to your sandbox.
Be sure to use API keys and API requests that match your sandbox account.