Greenhouse Onboarding integrates seamlessly with Greenhouse Recruiting so that you can push your newly hired candidate and manage their transition into your organization as an onboarding new hire. In this article, we will cover how to:
- Enable Greenhouse Recruiting/Onboarding Integration
- Configure New Hire Import Rules
- Map Custom Fields
Enable Greenhouse Recruiting/Onboarding Integration
Contact your Greenhouse Onboarding Customer Success Manager to request your organization's Greenhouse Recruiting account be integrated with it's Greenhouse Onboarding account.
Configure New Hire Import Rules
Once your organization's Greenhouse Recruiting account is integrated with it's Greenhouse Onboarding account, candidates marked as Hired in the GHR will be pushed automatically to GHO.
By default, the integration will import all candidates marked Hired in Greenhouse Recruiting as Pending Hires into Greenhouse Onboarding. No further action is necessary if your organization would like to keep this default. Click here to navigate to the next step in the integration setup.
If your organization only plans to use Greenhouse Onboarding for certain departments and/or offices only, and would like to customize which hired candidates are imported into Greenhouse Onboarding click Settings from the navigation bar.
Click Integrations on the right-hand side and navigate to the Greenhouse Recruiting panel.
Use the provided fields to select Department, Location, and/or Employment Status for New Hires. Only New Hires who match these criteria will be imported into Greenhouse Onboarding.
When finished, click Save.
Map Custom Fields
By default, the following information for each Pending Hire will be pulled into Greenhouse Onboarding using the integration:
In order to pull additional information from Greenhouse Recruiting into Greenhouse Onboarding for a Pending Hire, you will need to perform a one-time mapping of custom fields. This will allow Greenhouse Onboarding to successfully link a Greenhouse Recruiting value with it's corresponding field in Greenhouse Onboarding.
To map a Greenhouse Onboarding custom field to a Greenhouse Recruiting field, click Settings from the navigation bar and select Custom Fields from the left-hand panel.
Click any unmapped custom field.
From the Edit Field dialog box, navigate to the Greenhouse Recruiting section and use the Corresponding dropdown menu to select a Greenhouse Recruiting field.
When finished, click Save and Close.
The Greenhouse Onboarding is now mapped to the corresponding Greenhouse Recruiting field and will be included in pre-filled fields for Pending Hires.
I tried to map custom fields, but the values are not being pulled from Greenhouse Recruiting. What do I need to do?
Are the fields in Greenhouse and Greenhouse Onboarding, multiple choice?
- If you are mapping a multiple choice field between Greenhouse and Greenhouse Onboarding, the answer values in Greenhouse must exactly match the answer values in Greenhouse Onboarding.
- Ex: If you are mapping T-Shirt size and the options in Greenhouse are Small, Medium, Large, then the options for T-Shirt size in Greenhouse Onboarding must also be Small, Medium, and Large (instead of S, M, L).
Is the field in Greenhouse a text field, and the corresponding field in Greenhouse Onboarding a multiple choice field?
- If the value entered in Greenhouse is not one of the available multiple choice options in Greenhouse Onboarding, it will not be brought over.
- The answer values in Greenhouse must exactly match the answer values in Greenhouse Onboarding