The Business Intelligence (BI) Connector is extremely straightforward to configure for your organization.
This topic will provide some basic walkthrough steps for implementing the BI Connector in your organization. Check out the following sections for more information:
If you don't know what we're talking about, read our overview article here.
What you need to provide
- A developer. Manipulating data through the BI Connector requires specialized tools and skills in programming. Your devs will ultimately be responsible for configuring the reports that appear in your data tool, so they need to be the ones to set it up. The "who" and "how many" depend on your organization.
- A decision. Amazon S3 or Redshift? (This is something your developer will be able to choose.) Click here for more information.
- A data tool. There are lots of options for competitive data tools. The Business Intelligence Connector can be hooked up to any one of them. It's up to your organization to make that choice. Click here for more information on choosing a data tool.
- A site admin. There's some basic button-clicking that needs to happen before the data can start to flow. Someone at your organization will need to be in charge of following those steps to kick off the process.
What we provide
- Data schema (downloaded here). This file gives your developers all the mumbo jumbo they need to import data into the BIC.
- Support articles for developers. We've put together a selection of dev-specific resources to help your developers understand our data.
A brief overview of the setup process
In general, here's what you can expect to do when you're setting up the Business Intelligence Connector:
- Decide that you want to use the BIC. Follow up with your Account Manager or Customer Success Manager and purchase what you need.
- Purchase an S3 instance for your organization, or choose to use Greenhouse's Redshift setup
- Set up the BIC in Greenhouse Recruiting.
- Have your devs hook up the data from your Amazon storage to your chosen data tool.
- Have your developers build fancy reports inside of your chosen data tool.
That's it! (And the good news is the developer has to worry about most of it. If they ever ask about anything, send them a link to this page.)
Set up in Greenhouse Recruiting
Depending on whether you've chosen Amazon Redshift or S3 to host your data, there are slightly different setup steps you'll need to take in Greenhouse Recruiting. Choose one of the links below and have a Site Admin follow the steps to kick off the flow of the organization:
Our support team is happy to help with any setup inside of the Greenhouse Recruiting applications. Unfortunately, there are a few things that we can't support:
- Tool-specific support: If you have an issue with your chosen data tool, you'll need to go talk to that company and see if they can fix it. Since Greenhouse only provides the data, we have no control over how, where, or why something appears.
- Amazon S3 support: Greenhouse allows you to set up the link between your Greenhouse organizations and the Amazon storage cloud, but we aren't able to control or affect the data once it's up there. So for issues with storage, passwords, or other things on the Amazon S3 instances, you'll have to follow up with Amazon.