Which kinds of companies are successful with BI Connector?
Our most successful BI Connector organizations have an established goal for how they want to use their Greenhouse data to drive their organization's goals.
This often includes having a perspective about the KPIs and recruiting data before purchasing BI Connector. In most cases, these organizations have a data analyst or BI resource who is prepared to dedicate significant time to using the data sent with the BI Connector.
In some cases, these customers are already exporting Greenhouse Recruiting data and spending significant time manipulating it to create unique reports for their Greenhouse Recruiting goals, such as metrics over time, department-level views, and so on.
What can I do with BI Connector?
If you don't have an established goal with BI Connector, that's okay! Because it's your organization's data, you can use it however you see fit. Here's a list of the most common uses of the BI Connector:
- Understand the impact of recruiting efforts, communicate progress, diagnose bottlenecks, drive decision-making, and predict future performance.
- Access most of your raw recruiting data, including some additional data that is not easily available in the Greenhouse applications.
- Create a variety of visualizations (such as trends over time, pie charts, bar graphs, and so on)
- Slice and dice data with a variety of filters (for example, department, office, recruiter, etc.)
What are some of the limitations of BI Connector?
Here are some common obstacles to be aware of when using BI Connector:
- The BI Connector is not a reporting tool where each recruiter is meant to have a login to create their own reports. Instead, BI Connector is meant to have one or two dedicated users or data analysts who can create reports for the entire team or organization.
- The BI Connector does not contain 100% of data from Greenhouse Recruiting. You can reference the schema to check if the data you are expecting to report on is available.
- Since the data is refreshed daily, BI Connector is not meant for activity tracking, instant analytics, or hourly tracking data.
Does Greenhouse offer any training or demos for Business Intelligence Connector?
No. Because the Business Intelligence Connector is a data product, any training and demos would simply consist of understanding the data. The look-and-feel of the final product completely depends on your organization's data tool and unique reports.
If you need help with your specific data tool, we recommend talking to that vendor for training.
How often is the data updated?
The data is synced to Amazon Redshift or S3 daily (including weekends). Data is refreshed nightly and will show results from the end of the previous day.
You can sign up for a completion notification email, so you know exactly when this has finished each day.
Can I access the files through my own S3 bucket instead of Redshift?
Yes, you can configure BI Connector to connect to an Amazon S3 bucket you create and manage. Your organization can then access your S3 bucket to download your files locally daily after the transfer to Amazon Redshift completes.
Is the data in the Business intelligence Connector backed up?
We do not create backups of BI Connector data because Greenhouse Recruiting data is retained for 30 days.
How do I enable BI Connector?
Read more here: Enable Business Intelligence Connector.
I'm in the EU. Is there anything I should know?
If you're working out of the EU silo, you'll only be able to access your data through the Amazon S3 option. Greenhouse does not offer Redshift in the EU silo.
Can I modify the data in BIC?
No, BIC data is read-only. For any changes to the data, you will need to update it in Greenhouse Recruiting or Greenhouse Onboarding.
When is data updated in the BI Connector?
Data is sent to BI Connector nightly, and should be uploaded by 10AM EST.
Why is my data not showing up in Business Intelligence Connector?
If you're seeing mismatched data between your Greenhouse applications and the BI Connector, try the following things:
- Verify the time that the new data was entered. Since data is refreshed nightly, trying to view data in BI Connector on the same day it was entered in Greenhouse won't be possible.
- Check status.greenhouse.io to see if there is a current incident impacting data updates.
- Verify with your development team that everything is functioning correctly with your data tool and storage.
- Contact Greenhouse Support for additional information.
Who should I contact if I need help?
- Issues with Greenhouse Recruiting or Greenhouse Onboarding (such as "I can't type into a custom field"): Greenhouse Support
- Issues with your Greenhouse instance (such as data being entered incorrectly or custom field setup): Your site admin
- Issues with your data tool: The support for that specific tool
- Developer help for setup: The developer resources at your organization