HRIS Link can be used to sync user accounts in Greenhouse Recruiting with employee data in your HRIS. This article outlines the setup process and high-level functionality of syncing user accounts with HRIS Link.
Note: HRIS Link does not manage user permissions. All new user accounts provisioned by HRIS Link will have Basic user access.
In this article, we will cover:
- Build a custom report of your employees that matches the required specifications.
- Publish the report as a web service.
- Create an integration system user (ISU) and grant permission for the ISU to view the report and all fields contained therein.
- Send the report URL, ISU credentials, and administrator email address to your Greenhouse consultant.
- Your Greenhouse consultant configures the integration and kicks off the initial run. When ready, your consultant can enable 15-minute polling.
- Once polling is enabled, you will receive success and error emails to help monitor the status of your integration.
Once enabled, HRIS Link performs the following actions every 15 minutes:
- Matches each report record to a Greenhouse Recruiting user based on employee ID.
- Creates new user accounts for employees who do not have an existing account.
- Populates new user accounts with first name, last name, employee ID, and email address.
- Deactivates a user account if the employee’s employment status is inactive in the HRIS but active in Greenhouse Recruiting.
- Reactivates a user account if the employee’s employment status is active in the HRIS but inactive in Greenhouse Recruiting.
- Updates first name and last name in Greenhouse Recruiting if those values have changed in the HRIS.
- Adds an email address to an existing Greenhouse Recruiting user account if one is added to the employee in the HRIS.