HRIS Link can be used to sync user accounts in Greenhouse Recruiting with employee data in your HRIS. This powerful feature allows you to maintain user parity between the hiring software and your HRIS, so that updates to employee names or email addresses happen automatically in Greenhouse Recruiting. Additionally, HRIS Link supports assigning users to departments or offices, and it supports custom user fields, allowing you to maintain user information unique to your organization.
To set up HRIS Link to import user accounts to Greenhouse Recruiting, first create a user report in your HRIS that matches the required specifications: Setup HRIS Link user import.
Next, publish the report as a web service.
Create an integration system user (ISU) and grant permission for the ISU to view the report and all its fields. Enter the report URL and ISU credentials in HRIS Link, then let your Greenhouse technical consultant know HRIS Link is ready to be enabled.
Your Greenhouse technical consultant will configure the integration and kick off the initial HRIS Link run! When HRIS Link user import is enabled, you'll receive success and error emails to help monitor the status of your integration.
Over time, you may need to edit the report URL or ISU credentials as your organization grows. Check out how to manage HRIS Link ISUs and reports.
HRIS Link user import functionality
Once enabled, HRIS Link performs the following actions every 15 minutes:
- HRIS Link matches each user on your HRIS report to a Greenhouse Recruiting user based on employee ID.
- HRIS Link creates new user accounts for employees who don't have existing accounts.
- For new user accounts:
- HRIS Link populates new accounts with the first name, last name, employee ID, and email address.
- HRIS Link deactivates a user account if the employee’s employment status is inactive in the HRIS but still active in Greenhouse Recruiting, and it reactivates a user account if the employee’s employment status is active in the HRIS but inactive in Greenhouse Recruiting.
- HRIS Link updates first and last names in Greenhouse Recruiting if those values have changed in the HRIS.
- HRIS Link adds an email address to an existing Greenhouse Recruiting user account if one is added to the employee in the HRIS.
Additionally, HRIS Link supports custom user fields, allowing you to maintain user information unique to your organization.