HRIS Link can be used to import and update offices and departments in Greenhouse Recruiting, based on the most current data in your HRIS. This article outlines the setup process and high-level functionality of importing offices and departments with HRIS Link.
To set up HRIS Link to import offices and departments to Greenhouse Recruiting, first create an office and / or department report in your HRIS that matches the required specifications: Setup HRIS Link office and department import.
Next, publish the report as a web service.
Create an integration system user (ISU) and grant permission for the ISU to view the report and all its fields. Enter the report URL and ISU credentials in HRIS Link, then let your Greenhouse technical consultant know HRIS Link is ready to be enabled.
Your Greenhouse technical consultant will configure the integration and kick off the initial HRIS Link run. When HRIS Link office and department import is enabled, you'll receive success and error emails to help monitor the status of your integration.
Over time, you may need to edit the report URL or ISU credentials as your organization grows. Check out Manage HRIS Link ISUs and reports.
HRIS Link office and department import functionality
Once enabled, HRIS Link performs the following actions every 15 minutes:
- HRIS Link matches each report entry to an office or department in Greenhouse Recruiting based on its corresponding external ID.
- HRIS Link creates new offices or departments in Greenhouse Recruiting if one does not already exist with a matching external ID.
- For newly created offices and departments:
- HRIS Link creates these offices and departments in Greenhouse Recruiting according to the organizational hierarchy specified on the report.
- HRIS Link renames offices or departments in Greenhouse Recruiting if the location or department name changes in the report.