Greenhouse Recruiting’s integration with Monster allows users to perform following actions
- Post the Job in Greenhouse to Monster via Webhook
- Able to view the Candidates details (including their resume) applied to the Job posted in Monster on Greenhouse
In this article, we will cover how to:
- Configure User Setup Permissions in Greenhouse Recruiting
- Create a Harvest API Key for the Greenhouse/Monster Integration
- Retrieve Monster’s Endpoint URL and Secret Key
- Enable Greenhouse/Monster Integration
- How to use the Monster Integration with Greenhouse
Configure User Setup Permissions in Greenhouse Recruiting
In order to enable the Greenhouse/Monster integration, you will need the developer permission Can manage ALL organization’s API Credentials.
Contact a Greenhouse user in your organization with Site Admin level permissions with the additional user-specific permission Can edit another user's advanced permissions to apply the API credential management permission to your account. Have the user with Site Admin level permissions edit your user account's permissions by navigating to the Configure icon > Users > Your Name)
The user with Site Admin level permissions should navigate to the Permissions panel on your user page and expand the Developer Permissions dropdown menu.
Select Can manage ALL organization’s API Credentials so that a check is in the checkbox. When finished, click Save.
Repeat as necessary for any other user that should have access to set up the integration.
Create a Harvest API Key for the Greenhouse/Monster Integration
To create a Harvest API key for the integration, click on the Configure icon in the upper right-hand corner. Navigate to Dev Center on the left-hand panel.
From the Dev Center page, click API Credential Management.
From the API Credential Management page, click Create New API Key to generate the API key for Monster.
From the Create new credential dialog box, give your API key a name and select Harvest from the Type dropdown menu. When finished, click Create.
On the Manage API Key Permissions page, select following conditions. When finished, click Update.
- PATCH: Update Application
- POST: Add Candidate
- POST: Add Attachment
- GET: Retrieve Job
- GET: Source List
- GET: List Users
Your Harvest API key for the Greenhouse/Monster integration is created and configured. Provide your Harvest API key to your Monster onboarding team so they can set up the integration.
Retrieve Monster’s Endpoint URL and Secret Key
Before enabling the Greenhouse/Monster integration, Greenhouse will need two pieces of information:
- Monster’s Endpoint URL
- Monster’s Secret Key
To retrieve this information please share following details with Monster Customer Success team
- Harvest API key created in the above step
- Greenhouse recruiter email address
Enable Greenhouse/Monster Integration
With Monster’s endpoint URL and Secret Key copied, and your Greenhouse user permissions enabled, you are ready to enable the Greenhouse/Monster integration.
To enable the integration, click the Configure icon in the upper right-hand corner and navigate to Dev Center on the left-hand panel.
From the Dev Center page, click Web Hooks. Click Web Hooks from the subsequent page.
You will be directed to a new page where you Create a New Web Hook. From this page provide the following details:
- Name: we suggest Monster Integration
- When: Be sure to select the right web hook so that the web hook fires at the appropriate event in Greenhouse Job Post Updated
- Endpoint URL: The Endpoint URL received from the Monster Customer Success team
- Secret Key: The Secret Key received from the Monster Customer Success team
When finished, click Create Web hook.
That's it! Your Greenhouse account and Monster account can now talk to each other.
How to use the Monster Integration with Greenhouse
Create custom Job Field
- Click the Configure icon in the upper right-hand corner and navigate to Custom Options on the left-hand panel
- Click on Jobs and from Manage Job Fields click on + Add Field button
- Create New Job Field with following details and click Save
- Field: PostJobToMonster
- Description: Determines if the Job need to be posted to Monster
- Type: Yes/No
In order to post the Greenhouse Job to Monster, while entering the Job Details select value of PostJobToMonster field as Yes.
On applying the Job in Monster, Monster will create the Candidate in Greenhouse with following information. It will also link the Candidate to the corresponding Job in Greenhouse.
- First name
- Last name
In addition to the above information, following Candidate information may get pushed based on its availability in Monster.
- Cover Letter
The Candidates pushed from Monster will be visible in Greenhouse from following sections
- Job Profile 🡪 Candidates section
- All Candidates section
Note: Greenhouse recruiter user ID (whose email address is shared with Monster Customer Success team for retrieving Monster’s Endpoint URL and Secret Key) will be used in On-behalf-of header.