Karat conducts highly predictive technical interviews that power world-class hiring processes for leading organizations. Greenhouse Recruiting’s integration with Karat allows your organization to seamlessly add Karat's assessment to a job's interview plan, invite candidates to the Karat interview, and receive result summaries within Greenhouse.
In this article, we will cover how to:
- Enable Greenhouse/Karat Integration
- Add Karat Stage to Job's Interview Plan
- Configure the Karat Stage
- Send and Review Test
- Enable Status updates and advanced insights with Karat
Enable Greenhouse/Karat Integration
These are the steps your Karat admin will take to set up the Assessment API integration.
- Generate your API key in Central
- In Central, go to Settings > Integrations to access your Assessment API key.
- Copy the “Interview — Assessment API Key”. If you are also using Karat Code Challenges, copy the “Code Challenge — Assessment API Key” as well.
- Open a support ticket with Greenhouse (https://support.greenhouse.io/hc/en-us) indicating that you wish to integrate with Karat. Don’t send you API key(s) in this ticket, send the message below.
- “Hello! My team would like to integrate our Greenhouse with Karat using the Assessment API. Can you advise on how you would like us to provide the API key?”
- Greenhouse support will reply with a secure way for you to provide the key(s) generated in step one.
- The Greenhouse support team will then let you know once the integration is enabled.
Add Karat Stage to Job's Interview Plan
Once the Greenhouse/Karat integration is enabled for your organization, you will be able to add the Karat assessment as an Interview stage.
To do this for an existing job, navigate to a job (All Jobs>Job Name) and click Job Setup from the Job navigation bar.
From the Job Setup page, navigate to Interview Plan on the left-hand panel. Scroll down the page and click + Add a Stage.
From the Add Stage dialog box, select the Karat stage. When finished, click Add to apply the stage to the job's interview plan.
Configure Karat Stage
Once the stage has been added to the job's interview plan, click Edit Take Home Test. Use the provided drop-down menu to choose assessments that you have previously set up in Karat.
Select the appropriate assessment and assign at least one Greenhouse user to grade/review submitted assessments. When finished, click Save.
Note: Keep in the mind that all configuration of the assessment itself, as well as the email template, will be configured by your Karat Account Manager.
Send and Review the Test
When candidates are moved into the Karat interview stage, Greenhouse will display a Send Test link.
Note: When you send a test from Greenhouse, the interview instructions are actually sent by Karat.
The status of the assessment will be viewable in Greenhouse:
Once the candidate has submitted their test, their activity feed will contain a link to view the submitted test on Karat.
Enabling status updates and advanced insights with Karat
Now that you are able to invite candidates to the Karat interview and get results all from within Greenhouse, you can also extend your integration using Greenhouse’s Harvest API. This will enable you to:
- Get Karat status updates in Greenhouse
- Enable Karat to align the bar based on onsite outcomes
- Enable Karat to provide advanced insights
Step 1: Get your Harvest API key
- In Greenhouse, click the Configure tab
- Click Dev Center
- Click API Credential Management
- From the Type drop-down menu, select Harvest. In the description, write “Karat”
Step 2: Set up permissions
The last step will take you to the Manage API Key Permissions page, where you can select the endpoints that the key will give Karat access to.
Please contact your Karat Account Manager for the endpoints Karat requires for this integration.
Step 3: Complete setup
Once you’ve selected the endpoints in Step 2, click “Update.”
Step 4: Add Harvest Key to Central
Once you have updated your Greenhouse settings you will need to add the Harvest API key you created in the last step to Central. To do that, log in to Central and navigate to Settings > Integrations, then enter your key.Once these steps are complete your Karat Account Manager will be in touch confirming that the integration was successful.