Cruit is the job referral platform that turns employees and communities into the number one source of applicants. With the Cruit app, people can share jobs, track their referrals, and earn amazing rewards.
Cruit's integration with Greenhouse Recruiting allows many actions in Cruit to be automated without changing your existing workflows:
- Sync data from Greenhouse Recruiting: The integration enables you to load job data directly from Greenhouse Recruiting to Cruit. You can easily manage your referable jobs in the Cruit dashboard, control which jobs should be referable, and edit other info such as rewards per interview stage, public referral rewards, and more.
- Referral status: The integration allows your employees or public Cruiters to see the latest status of their referred candidates if those candidates have opted into showing this data, and allows you to create referrals based on past applications in Greenhouse Recruiting.
Set up the integration
Create a Harvest API key
First, create a Harvest API key in Greenhouse Recruiting. Follow the steps in this article to create the key, and copy the API key as you will need to enter it into Cruit in the next step. Verify that the permissions below are selected when configuring the API key:
In the Create New Credential box, make the following selections:
- API type: Harvest
- Partner: Cruit or Unlisted Vendor
- Description: Cruit Harvest API Key
Verify that the following permissions are selected for the Cruit integration:
- GET: List openings for a job
- GET: List departments
- GET: Retrieve department
- GET: List users
- GET: Retrieve user
- PATCH: Update application
- POST: Advance application
- POST: Add attachment to application
- GET: Retrieve application
- GET: List applications
- PATCH: Update a rejected application's rejection reason
- GET: Get hiring team
- GET: List jobs
- GET: Retrieve job
- POST: Add note
- POST: Add application
- GET: List candidates
- POST: Add candidate
- POST: Add e-mail
- PATCH: Edit candidate
- GET: Retrieve candidate
- POST: Add attachment
- GET: Retrieve job post for job
- GET: List job posts for job
- GET: List job posts
- GET: Retrieve job stage
- GET: List job stages for job
- GET: List job stages
- GET: Retrieve office
- GET: List offices
- GET: List offers
- GET: Retrieve offer
- GET: Retrieve application's current offer
- GET: List application's offers
- PUT: Add a candidate tag
- GET: List candidate tags
- POST: Add new candidate tags
- GET: List tags applied to candidate
- GET: List sources
Copy your Harvest API key to a secure location for use in the next step.
Enable on Cruit
Next, log into your Cruit admin account. Click your profile icon at the top-right, then click Settings.
Click ATS on the left, then find Connect with your ATS.
Enter your Greenhouse Recruiting Harvest API key.
Next, enter a user ID for authenticating the integration. We recommend creating an ISU specifically for the integraiton, or using a key stakeholder your organization's referral program, such as the head of acquisition. You can learn more about finding Greenhouse Recruiting user IDs here.
Enter the user ID and click Update.
Once complete, you can navigate to Jobs, and see all the available jobs loaded in directly from Greenhouse Recruiting to make referable.
Create a custom source
Finally, to optimize the quality of your experience with Cruit, create two custom sources in Greenhouse Recruiting. Follow the instructions in this article to create the custom sources, using the details below:
|Custom source 1|
|Custom source 2|
These custom sources enable Greenhouse Recruiting to properly source candidates that come from different Cruit platforms. When candidates are assigned a source, you can easily filter and report on those candidates in Greenhouse Recruiting.
Use the integration
After enabling the integration, you can see your current open jobs in Cruit by navigating to Jobs.
You can manage whether your jobs are referable, and set rewards for each job individually, per hire, or per interview stage for maximum employee engagement.
When you receive candidates via referrals through Cruit, they sync to Greenhouse Recruiting and enter any regular workflows for candidates that you have already set up.
For additional information or troubleshooting not covered here, use the chat widget in the bottom-right of the Cruit dashboard, or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.