This article is intended for customers that would like to update their HRIS Link integration by either adding or removing job templates from Greenhouse Recruiting.
In this article, we will cover:
About the template_job_id field
template_job_id field for the HRIS Link integration is a calculated field in your HRIS that controls the selection of the job template for the integration to create a job as a copy of.
template_job_id field is not auto-updating or automatically configured, and it is not defined by Greenhouse Recruiting logic. The logic that drives the selection of the
template_job_id field is managed and maintained in your HRIS. For this reason, Greenhouse Recruiting has no insight into the maintenance of the calculated field. You'll either need a member of your team that has knowledge of calculated fields in HRIS or an HRIS consultant to maintain the field.
Adding job templates to the integration
Next, you'll need to create the template job in Greenhouse Recruiting. Read more about creating template jobs here.
With your template job created, get the
template_job_id from Greenhouse Recruiting. Read more about finding template job IDs here.
Next, talk with your internal HRIS contact about updating the template job ID
calc field logic:
1. Provide your internal HRIS consultant with the new template job id.
2. Provide your internal HRIS consultant with the logic that will select the new template job id.
3. Have your internal HRIS consultant update the
calc field for
template_job_id to incorporate the new ID and the logic for selecting the new ID.
Removing job templates from the integration
To remove template job ids from the HRIS Link integration:
1. Get the
template_job_id from Greenhouse Recruiting for the job template job you no longer want the integration using. Read more about getting template job IDs here.
2. Talk with your internal HRIS contact about removing said template job ID from your HRIS's
calc field for
3. Have your internal HRIS contact update the
calc field to no longer use the (old) template job id.
4. Delete or sunset the historical template job from your Greenhouse Recruiting instance.
Updating template jobs
Occasionally your organization may want to update or iterate on your template jobs in Greenhouse Recruiting being utilized for your HRIS Link integration.
Updating a job template updates the fields and attributes that are inherited from the template job when the HRIS Link integration creates a job in Greenhouse Recruiting. Therefore editing any field or attribute on a template job will have a downstream impact on jobs created by the integration.
We've compiled some best practices to keep in mind when updating template jobs:
- Consider making edits to template jobs when your organization is not creating jobs in your HRIS to ensure no new jobs are created while edits are on-going.
- You may need to perform a job stage clean-up if you are editing interview stage names. Read more about job stage clean-up best practices here.
- Do not assign anyone to the template job's hiring team if your organization is not leveraging the append hiring team configuration option as they will be overwritten and replaced by the integration.
- Remember that edits to the template job do not apply to historically-created jobs.
- Be mindful when updating any job settings that are inherited from the template job. Read more about HRIS Link configuration option considerations here.