This article is intended for customers that would like to update their HRIS Link integration by either adding or removing job templates from Greenhouse.
- About the template_job_id field
- Adding template jobs to the integration
- Removing templates jobs from the integration
- Updating template jobs
About the template_job_id field
The template_job_id field for the HRIS Link integration is the following:
- A calculated field in your HRIS that controls the selection of the job template for the integration to “create a job as a copy of.”
- The logic that drives that selection is managed and maintained in your HRIS.
- Greenhouse has no insight into the logic or maintenance of the template_job_id calculated field.
- You’ll either need a member of your team that has knowledge of calculated fields in HRIS’s or a HRIS consultant to edit/maintain said calculated field.
The template_job_id field for the HRIS Link integration is not the following:
- Automatically configured
- Defined by Greenhouse logic
- Note: the HRIS Link integration can import job level HRIS data points that may be used to define the template selection in the HRIS, but the selection logic would not be represented in Greenhouse.
Adding template job(s) to the integration
To add job templates to the integration, follow the below steps.
- Determine the need for a new job template (support article 1 & support article 2)
- Create the Template job in Greenhouse.
- Get the template_job_id from Greenhouse (support article).
- Talk with your internal HRIS contact about updating the template job ID calc field logic.
- Provide them with the (new) job id
- Provide them with the logic that will select the new template job id
- Have your internal HRIS contact update the calc field for template_job_id to incorporate the new ID and logic for selecting the new ID.
Removing template job(s) from the integration
To remove template job ids from the HRIS Link integration:
- Get the template_job_id from Greenhouse for the job template job you no longer want the integration using(support article).
- Talk with your internal HRIS contact about removing said template job ID from your HRIS’s calc field for template_job_id
- Ensure that the calc field updates won’t create any gaps in the logic that would fail to select a template_job_id
- Have your internal HRIS contact update the calc field to no longer use the (old) template job id.
- Delete or sunset the historical template job from your Greenhouse instance.
Updating your template job(s)
Occasionally your organization may want to update or iterate on your current template jobs in Greenhouse that are being utilized for the HRIS Link integration. Updating a job template updates the fields and attributes that are inherited from the template jobs when the HRIS Link integration creates a job in Greenhouse.
As such, editing any item on a template job will have a downstream impact on jobs created by the integration. Below are best practices to keep in mind when updating template jobs.
- Keep in mind that edits to the template job do not apply to historically created jobs.
- Perform a stage name clean-up if you are editing interview stage names or otherwise.
- See this support article and reach out to the Greenhouse support team for best practices when it comes to performing stage clean-ups in your greenhouse instance.
- Make edits to template jobs when your organization is not creating jobs in your HRIS to ensure no new jobs are created when editing templates.
- Do not assign anyone to the template job’s hiring team if your organization is not leveraging the append hiring team configuration option as they will be overwritten & replaced.
- Be mindful when updating any job settings that are inherited from the template job.
- See this support article for further context