Tracker Corp. solves the significant challenges that I-9 and E-Verify compliance creates in your hiring process. With Tracker’s I-9 Complete solution, you can fully automate new-hire I-9s and E-Verify submissions, thus eliminating extra steps, redundant data entry, and manual processes. The Tracker I-9 Complete solution is the only I-9 automation software to maintain a perfect track record of zero client fines during an ICE or any other Federal Agency audit.
Greenhouse Recruiting’s integration with Tracker Corp. allows Greenhouse Users the ability to create an electronic I-9 for a candidate once the candidate is confirmed as hired in Greenhouse. The candidate will receive an email with a link to complete their I-9 in the Tracker I-9 Complete application. The integration offers several validations that will allow the Greenhouse User to understand if the I-9 has been successfully created. In this article, we will cover how to:
- Configure User Setup Permissions in Greenhouse Recruiting
- Create a Harvest API Key for the Greenhouse/Tracker Corp. Integration
- Retrieve Tracker Corp.’s Endpoint URL, Secret Key and Subscription Key to set up a Webhook
- Enable Greenhouse/Tracker Corp. Integration
- Configure the necessary Custom Fields
- Set up the appropriated e-mail/s for validation errors and notifications
- How to use the Tracker Corp. Integration with Greenhouse
Configure User Setup Permissions in Greenhouse Recruiting
In order to enable the Greenhouse Tracker Corp. integration, you will need the developer permission Can manage ALL organization’s API Credentials.
Contact a Greenhouse user in your organization with Site Admin level permissions with the additional user-specific permission Can edit another user's advanced permissions to apply the API credential management permission to your account. Have the user with Site Admin level permissions edit your user account's permissions by navigating to the Configure icon > Users > Your Name)
The user with Site Admin level permissions should navigate to the Permissions panel on your user page and expand the Developer Permissions dropdown menu.
Select Can manage ALL organization’s API Credentials so that a check is in the checkbox. When finished, click Save.
Repeat as necessary for any other user that should have access to set up the integration.
Create a Harvest API Key for the Greenhouse/Tracker Corp. Integration
To create a Harvest API key for the integration, click on the Configure icon in the upper right-hand corner. Navigate to Dev Center on the left-hand panel.
From the Dev Center page, click API Credential Management.
From the API Credential Management page, click Create New API Key to generate the API key for Tracker Corp.
From the Create new credential dialog box, give your API key a name and select Harvest from the Type dropdown menu. When finished, click Create.
On the Manage API Key Permissions page, select permissions to Candidates, Custom Field Options, Custom Fields and Offers. When finished, click Update.
Your Harvest API key for the Greenhouse/Tracker Corp. integration is created and configured. Provide your Harvest API key to your Tracker Corp. implementation team so they can set up the integration.
Retrieve Tracker Corp’s Endpoint URL and Secret Key
Before enabling the Greenhouse/Tracker Corp. integration, Greenhouse will need three pieces of information:
- Tracker Corp.’s Endpoint URL
- Tracker Corp.’s Secret Key
- Tracker Corp’s Subscription Key
The Tracker Implementation Manager assigned to your project will provide the following information used for the webhook set up:
- Endpoint URL: The URL of the Tracker Webhook receiver supplied by Tracker.
- Secret key: Used to generate a signature header that Tracker uses to verify the hook data was sent from Greenhouse. The secret key will be used in conjunction with the web hook’s payload to generate a digital signature
- The subscription key: Each client has their own unique subscription key that is mapped to the corresponding Tracker’s client ID. The subscription key ensures only data coming from Greenhouse will reach Tracker’s service.
Enable Greenhouse/Tracker Corp. Integration
To enable Greenhouse/Tracker Corp Integration, Clients will need to set up a webhook, so Tracker can receive events from the client.
With the Tracker Corp’s endpoint URL, Secret Key and Subscription Key, and your Greenhouse user permissions enabled, you are ready to enable the Greenhouse/Tracker Corp integration.
To enable the integration, click the Configure icon in the upper right-hand corner and navigate to Dev Center on the left-hand panel.
From the Dev Center page, click Web Hooks. Click Web Hooks from the subsequent page.
You will be directed to a new page where you Create a New Web Hook. From this page provide the following details:
- Name: we suggest Tracker Corp. Integration
- When: Be sure to select the right web hook so that the web hook fires at the appropriate event in Greenhouse. Please select trigger ‘Candidate has been hired’
- Endpoint URL: The Endpoint URL received from the Tracker Corp. Implementation team
- Secret Key: The Secret Key received from the Tracker Corp. Implementation team
Click advantage settings
- Error e-mail: designated e-mail to notify in case the webhook fails
- Additional HTTP headers: Enter subscription key received from the Tracker Corp. Implementation
- Maximum attempts: 5 is recommended or set up default
When finished, click Create Web hook.
Configure the necessary Custom Fields
Tracker Corp requires some specific data to create an electronic I-9 for a candidate which is not available in Greenhouse standard fields. Therefore, Clients will need to set up custom fields at the offer. The custom fields will be created in the offer through Configuration/Custom Options/Offers/Add Field.
The following specifications for ID are required:
- ID: Please enter text I9 Employer.
- Type: Single Select
- Options: Enter 1-n employers, each in a new line. The employers will need to be created in Tracker Corp and match with this list. Please work with Tracker Corp. Implementation team
- ID: Please enter text I9 Worksite
- Type: Single Select
- Options: Enter 1-n worksites, each in a new line. The worksites will need to be created in Tracker Corp and match with this list. Please work with Tracker Corp. Implementation team
- Workflow Type
- ID: Please enter text I9 Workflow Type
- Type: Single Select
- Options: Enter Tracker Corp workflows to be used, each in a new line: 0 Employee processed in person, 2800 Section 1 only processed through link, 2801 section 1 and section 2 processed through link, 2808 section 1 processed through link and section 2 processed through Network Alliance, 2810 Employee Appoint I-9, 2811 Virtual I-9 Pro. Please make sure you leave a space between the numbers and the text.
Tracker highly recommends making all the custom fields required since the information on those fields will need to be provided to successfully create an electronic I-9 for a candidate.
Set up the appropriated e-mail/s for validation errors and notifications
As a final step, please provide to Tracker Corp. Implementation team:
- An email group or list of email addresses for those users who should receive I-9 processing success email notifications. Tracker Corp recommends using email groups.
- An email group or list of email addresses for those persons who should receive validation processing error email notifications. Tracker Corp recommends using email groups.
That's it! Your Greenhouse account and Tracker Corp. account can now talk to each other.
How to use the Tracker Corp. Integration with Greenhouse
Tracker Corp uses the following candidate data to create an electronic I-9 for a candidate. All this data is required to successfully create the I-9 in Tracker Corp:
- Candidate First Name
- Candidate Last Name
- Candidate e-mail (for Workflows 2800 Section 1 only processed through link, 2801 section 1 and section 2 processed through link, 2808 section 1 processed through link, section 2 processed through Network Alliance, 2810 Employee Appoint I-9, 2811 Virtual I-9 Pro)
- Employer that the candidate will work for
- Worksite or location where the candidate will work
- The electronic I-9 workflow used for the candidate based on candidate location/needs
Tracker Corp will validate the data and monitor that any of this data is not missing and inform the user if so. Please work with Tracker Corp Implementation Team to understand the validation and monitoring of the data.
The following steps provide an overview of the Greenhouse integration process. Please work with Tracker Corp Implementation Team to understand the process in more detail:
- A Greenhouse recruiter user marks a Candidate as hired
- Greenhouse recruiter users enters the start date, employer, worksite and workflow type.
- Greenhouse recruiter user clicks the save button
- Greenhouse status changes to Offer Accepted.
- Tracker gets payload from webhook
- If any data is missing, an e-mail is sent to client’s designated e-mail indicating which required field is missing
- Greenhouse user updates the missing information.
- Tracker attempts to get the missing information using the harvest API.
- Tracker verifies all required data is completed
- Tracker transform data and call the corresponding Tracker API
- The I-9 is created for the new employee
- An e-mail is sent to client’s designated e-mail to confirm the I-9 creation
Processing the I-9 and E-Verify case in Tracker
- The candidate will receive an email with embedded link to access Section 1 of the I-9
- Candidate will complete Section 1 of the I-9
- Employer will complete Section 2 of the I-9
- Upon completion of Section 2, case details will be submitted to E-Verify and results returned and displayed in Tracker application
Please contact your Tracker Implementation Manager or Ifirstname.lastname@example.org for troubleshooting assistance regarding the integration.