Traitify is a personality data company. Our platform helps companies easily collect personality data from candidates and employees faster than ever before and with exceptional candidate experience. Companies then use the data to make smarter hiring decisions and give value back to their people. Traitify offers multiple image-based behavioral assessments, all scientifically validated and compliant. Our surveys take only 90 seconds to complete, are optimized for use on mobile devices, and predict job applicant performance and turnover intention.
Greenhouse Recruiting’s integration with Traitify allows users to enable a Traitify’s assessment on a job and once a candidate has completed an assessment, view the candidates result and fit score on the candidate profile and Activity Feed. In this article, we will cover how to:
- Configure User Setup Permissions in Greenhouse Recruiting
- Create integration user for Traitify
- Create a Harvest API Key for the Greenhouse/Traitify Integration
- Create a Custom Job Field for the Traitify Fit Type
- Create a Webhook for the Traitify integration
- (Optional) Create Traitify Assessment Stage on a Job
Configure User Setup Permissions in Greenhouse Recruiting
In order to enable the Greenhouse/Traitify integration, you will need the developer permission Can manage ALL organization’s API Credentials.
Contact a Greenhouse user in your organization with Site Admin level permissions with the additional user-specific permission Can edit another user's advanced permissions to apply the API credential management permission to your account. Have the user with Site Admin level permissions edit your user account's permissions by navigating to the Configure icon > Users > Your Name)
The user with Site Admin level permissions should navigate to the Permissions panel on your user page and expand the Developer Permissions dropdown menu.
Select Can manage ALL organization’s API Credentials so that a check is in the checkbox. When finished, click Save.
Repeat as necessary for any other user that should have access to set up the integration.
Create integration user for Traitify
Create a new user with the following attributes:
- First Name: Traitify
- Last Name: Integration
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Role: Job Admin / Interviewer
- Job Based Permissions: “Job Admin: Standard” on all current and future jobs (or all the jobs on which you want Traitify assessments)
- User-specific permission: “Can manage custom fields”
Create a Harvest API Key for the Greenhouse/Traitify Integration
To create a Harvest API key for the integration, click on the Configure icon in the upper right-hand corner. Navigate to Dev Center on the left-hand panel.
From the Dev Center page, click API Credential Management.
From the API Credential Management page, click Create New API Key to generate the API key for Traitify
From the Create new credential dialog box, give your API key a name and select Harvest from the Type dropdown menu. When finished, click Create.
On the Manage API Key Permissions page, key should have the following permissions:
- GET: Retrieve Application
- PATCH: Update Application
- POST: Move Application
- GET: Retrieve Candidate
- PATCH: Edit Candidate
- POST: Add Note
- Custom Field Options (Select All)
- Custom Fields (Select All)
- Job Stages
- GET: List Job Stages for Job
- GET: List Users
When finished, click Update.
Your Harvest API key for the Greenhouse/Traitify integration is created and configured. Provide your Harvest API key to your Traitify onboarding team so they can set up the integration.
Create a Custom Job Field for the Traitify Fit Type
To create a custom job field for the Traitify Fit Type, click on the Configure icon in the upper right-hand corner. Navigate to Custom Options on the left-hand panel.
From the Custom Options page, click Jobs under the Company Custom Fields heading.
Click on the Add Field button
On the Add Field pop-up, do the following:
- Enter Traitify Fit Type in the Field field
- Select Single select from the Type dropdown
- Click Save
Create a Webhook for the Traitify Integration
To create a webhook for the Traitify Integration, click on the Configure icon in the upper right-hand corner. Navigate to Dev Center on the left-hand panel.
From the Dev Center page, click Web Hooks under the Dev Center heading.
Click on Web Hooks again on the next page.
Click on Web Hooks again on the next page.
On the Create A New Web-Hook screen, fill in the following:
- Enter a name for your Webhook, anything you’d like, Traitify Assessments will work.
- Select Candidate has submitted application from the When drop down
- Enter https://app.traitify.com/api/greenhouse/applicants into the Endpoint URL field
- Enter the secret key sent from Traitify into the Secret key field
- Enter email@example.com into the Error recipient email field
- Expand Advanced settings....
- Enter username sent from Traitify into the Username field
- Enter password sent from Traitify into the Password field
- Select No under the Disabled? field
- Click Create Web hook
(Optional) Create Traitify Assessment Stage on a Job
When adding the Traitify assessment to a job, you can optionally add a Traitify Assessment Complete stage to the job. When the Traitify Assessment Complete stage is present on a job, Traitify will move candidates to this stage. If the stage isn’t present, the candidate will stay in their existing status once the assessment is complete
The stage can be added when creating a new job or when editing a job, the steps are the same, start by clicking Add a Stage on the Interview Plan page, in the pop-up, do the following:
- Enter Traitify Assessment Complete
- Click Add