A few things have recently changed about our integration with DocuSign:
- The integration is now set up on a per-user basis instead of being activated by only one user for the whole organization. This should simplify permissions and ensure that everyone who should have access to send documents is able to do so without problems.
- If your organization is currently using SSO to connect to DocuSign, you'll need to be on the new version of SSO that DocuSign supports, rather than the legacy version.
- Send of behalf of (SOBO) settings don't need to be configured within Docusign before enabling the integration and sending out offers.
- Users can only send from their own email address, but all documents will be saved against that user account when logging into DocuSign.
Greenhouse and DocuSign have created an integration so that you can seamlessly use the two products together to send offer letters to candidates and obtain signatures electronically.
Here's an overview of the steps:
- Enable the integration. Each person with access to your organization's DocuSign account will need to enter their username and password on Integrations to connect their DocuSign account to Greenhouse.
- Add special DocuSign tokens to offer letter templates, and upload them to Greenhouse.
- When creating an offer for a candidate, generate the offer letter using the template that contains the DocuSign token(s).
- Choose the option to send the offer letter to the candidate via DocuSign.Greenhouse users with the "Can see private notes, salary info, manage offers, and approve jobs/offers" permission will be able to send offer letters through the DocuSign integration.
- Preview the document in DocuSign, and then send from there.
- Once all signatures have been collected, the fully executed document will automatically be uploaded to the Private tab on the candidate's profile page.
Enabling the Integration
To use the DocuSign integration with Greenhouse, your team will need to have either a Business or Standard Envelope Plan. If your team uses SSO to log in, then a Greenhouse user must have purchased at least 5 licenses under the Advanced Solutions Plan.
- When you are logged into Greenhouse, select Integrations
- Scroll down the page and click DocuSign
- Enter your DocuSign username and password, and then click Connect
- You will be redirected to DocuSign. Enter your e-mail address. If you use SSO, you will be redirected to your authentication provider for DocuSign. Otherwise, you'll need to enter your password.
- Once you sign in, you'll be redirected back to DocuSign and the integration will say "Connected"
Adding the DocuSign token(s) to offer letter templates
If you've never created an offer letter template in Greenhouse, click here to read the full set of instructions.
With the DocuSign integration enabled, there will be three additional tokens available to include in the offer letter template you create:
The placement of these tokens will determine where the electronic signatures will go.
* Please note that DocuSign tokens need to be on their own line within templates to work correctly.
Here's an example:
Once you've created the offer letter template, don't forget to upload it:
- Click the Configure tab
- Click Offer Letter Templates
- Click the Upload New button
- Click Choose File to locate the file on your computer
- Click Save Template
Generating the offer letter
In order to take advantage of the DocuSign integration, the offer letter must be generated through Greenhouse.
Here are the steps:
- Navigate to a candidate's profile page
- Click the Private tab
- Click to create an offer, or if an offer already exists, click Generate Offer Letter
- Use the drop-down menu to select the appropriate template
- Click Generate
Sending with DocuSign
Once the offer letter has been generated, click Send with DocuSign.
From the Send with DocuSign modal, you will be able to select an email template or simply type the message to the candidate to go along with the offer letter. If the offer letter you've generated includes the company signature token, don't forget to select the appropriate user from the To User field. To proceed with sending the letter, click Preview on DocuSign.
Clicking Preview on DocuSign will launch DocuSign. From here, you can add fields or choose to send the letter by clicking Send in the lower right corner.
You can check on the status of the document within Greenhouse while viewing the details of the offer. There are three statuses that will be displayed in Greenhouse:
1) A long dash is displayed when the offer document has been sent to the candidate via DocuSign and is awaiting action from the candidate.
2) "Pending" is displayed when the candidate has reviewed the offer document sent to them via DocuSign but has not yet signed it.
3) A date is displayed when the candidate has signed the offer document. You'll also notice a green checkmark to the left of the candidate's email address where there was previously a white circle.
Tracking signatures and accessing the fully executed letter
The user who sent the offer letter will receive notifications via email when all of the signatures have been collected. As well, the status of signatures can be tracked via the Private tab on the candidate's profile. The fully executed letter will automatically be uploaded and accessible via the Private tab on the candidate's profile page.
Keywords: /integrations, integrations, integration, esignature, docusign