SquarePeg is a smart recruiting platform that helps high-growth companies source, screen, and hire top talent.
SquarePeg's integration with Greenhouse Recruiting allows you to keep job information and candidate details in sync between the two platforms.
Enable the SquarePeg integration
Create an ISU for the SquarePeg integration
SquarePeg recommends creating a new user in your Greenhouse Recruiting account, called an integration system user (ISU), that will be used for on-behalf-of purposes for all actions the integration takes, like posting candidates from SquarePeg to Greenhouse Recruiting. The ISU is the person credited for the actions on candidate Activity Feeds, as shown below.
To create an ISU, check out this article: Create an ISU in Greenhouse Recruiting for an integration.
When creating your ISU, SquarePeg recommends using an email address like 'firstname.lastname@example.org' to make it easy for the SquarePeg team to identify the right user when setting up this integration.
When creating your ISU, ensure the following:
- Enter an email address for the user.
- Select Site Admin as the permission level for the user.
- Make sure that Send invitation email is unchecked.
Create a Harvest API key for the SquarePeg Integration
To enable the Greenhouse Recruiting / SquarePeg integration, you'll need to create a Harvest API key.
Follow the steps in this article to create the key, and verify that the permissions below are selected when configuring the SquarePeg integration.
In the Create New Credential box, make the following selections:
- API Type: Harvest
- Partner: SquarePeg (optional)
- Description: SquarePeg Harvest API Key
Verify that the following permissions are selected for the SquarePeg integration:
- GET: Retrieve application
- GET: List applications
- PATCH: Update application
- POST: Move application
- POST: Reject application
- POST: Moves application to job
- POST: Unreject application
- POST: Add attachment to application
- PATCH: Update a rejected application's rejection reason
- GET: Retrieve candidate
- GET: List candidates
- PATCH: Edit candidate
- POST: Add candidate
- POST: Add note
- POST: Add e-mail
- POST: Add attachment
- POST: Add application
- POST: Add education
- DELETE: Delete education
- POST: Add employment
- DELETE: Delete employment
- GET: Retrieve user
- GET: List users
- GET: Retrieve job
- GET: List jobs
- GET: Get hiring team
- GET: List job posts
- GET: Retrieve job post for job
- GET: List job posts for job
- GET: Retrieve job stage
- GET: List job stages
- GET: List job stages for job
- GET: List rejection reasons
- GET: List sources
Create webhooks for the SquarePeg integration
To complete this step, reach out to email@example.com and ask for an Endpoint URL and Secret Key for the purpose of setting up a webhook in Greenhouse Recruiting.
To integrate SquarePeg with Greenhouse Recruiting, you'll need to create nine (9) separate webhooks. Follow the steps in this article to create your webhooks. Use the values listed below to configure the webhook:
- Name: SquarePeg integration [and name of when value]
- Candidate has been hired
- Candidate has been unhired
- Candidate has changed stage
- Candidate or prospect rejected
- Candidate or prospect unrejected
- Delete application
- Delete candidate
- Job deleted
- Job updated
- Endpoint URL: The Endpoint URL provided by SquarePeg
- Secret Key: The Secret Key provided by SquarePeg
Use the SquarePeg integration with Greenhouse Recruiting
Once the integration is enabled, a new step will be added to the beginning of the job edit screen in SquarePeg. On this page, you'll see a list of all jobs from your Greenhouse Recruiting account, with the additional option to view job IDs with job titles.
Selecting a job from Greenhouse Recruiting in this step will create a mapping between the job in Greenhouse Recruiting and the current job in SquarePeg.
- If editing an unpublished job in SquarePeg, job information like title, location, description, and function will be prefilled in SquarePeg and all candidates sourced for this job in SquarePeg will be exported to Greenhouse Recruiting.
- If editing a published job in SquarePeg, all candidates sourced for this job in SquarePeg will be exported to Greenhouse Recruiting. However, job information from Greenhouse Recruiting will not be imported to SquarePeg.
For additional information or troubleshooting not covered here, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.