Our combination of cutting-edge technology and passionately committed people help our customers hire the right talent and build safer teams. Our technology and services teams obsess about automation and removing roadblocks in the background screening.
Greenhouse Recruiting’s integration with cFIRST allows a seamless flow of information and a great candidate experience.
Configure setup permissions in Greenhouse Recruiting
To configure the Greenhouse Recruiting / cFIRST integration, you’ll need the following developer permissions:
- Can manage ALL organization’s API Credentials
- Can manage and configure web hooks
Click here for more information on updating a user's permissions.
Create a Harvest API key for the Greenhouse Recruiting / cFIRST integration
Note: To generate an API key, you must have the developer permission Can manage ALL organization's API Credentials.
To configure the Greenhouse Recruiting / cFirst integration, you’ll need to create a Harvest API key.
Follow the steps in this article to create the key, and verify that the permissions below are selected when configuring the cFirst integration.
Create new credential
- API Type: Harvest
- Partner: CFIRST (optional)
- Description: CFIRST Harvest API Key
Verify that the following permissions are selected for the cFirst integration:
- Get: Retrieve Candidate
- Post: Add Note
- Post: Add Attachment
- Get: Retrieve User
- Get: List Users
- Get: Retrieve Job
- Job Stages
- Get: Retrieve Job Stage
- Get: List Job Stages
- Get: List Job Stages for Job
- Custom Fields
- Get: Get custom fields
- Post: Create custom field
- Patch: Update custom field
- Delete: Delete custom field
- Custom Field Options
- Get: Custom field options
- Post: Create custom field options
- Delete: Remove custom field options
- Patch: Update custom field options
Your Harvest API key for the Greenhouse Recruiting / cFIRST integration is created and configured. Provide your Harvest API key to your cFirst onboarding team so they can set up the integration.
Create a webhook for the cFirst integration
To integrate cFirst with Greenhouse Recruiting, you’ll need to create a webhook. Follow the steps in this article to create your webhook. Use the values listed below to configure the webhook:
- Name: A descriptive name for your integration. Most customers choose “cFirst integration”
- When: The time that the event will be sent to cFirst. Select the following options for this integration:
- Candidate has changed stage
- Endpoint URL: The Candidate Stage Change Endpoint URL in cFirst
- Secret Key: Keep blank, but enter your Header Signature in the Additional Settings section
- Additional Settings: In the Additional Settings section, enter your Header Signature from cFirst under the Additional HTTP Headers.
Adding a cFirst stage to interview plans
Before proceeding to initiate background check requests, make sure each job has a stage named cFirst Background Check in the Interview plan.
If a stage is not already created, you'll need to add it to jobs before submitting a candidate's background check request.
Click here for more information on adding stages to jobs.
Use the cFIRST integration with Greenhouse Recruiting
Background check status updates
Each time one of the following status updates is added, a note will be added to the candidate's Activity Log will be added in Greenhouse Recruiting:
- When the candidate fills out the form
- When cFirst team needs more information about the candidate
- When there's a delay in the case
- When a report is completed
Find the candidate's background check report
When the background check is complete, the report will be added to the candidate's profile under Attachments.
Sending additional data to cFirst
After using the integration, you may want to share more info between Greenhouse Recruiting and cFirst. If you would like additional information transferred over, please reach out to cFirst Customer Success with a list of items to add to your integration and the cFirst team will see if it's possible!
For additional information not covered here, reach out to cFirst at firstname.lastname@example.org.