Natural HR provides all-in-one HR and payroll software for mid-sized or enterprise organisations wanting to better engage, manage and pay their people.
Greenhouse Recruiting’s integration with Natural HR allows you to move candidates from Greenhouse into Natural HR automatically once you have marked them as ‘Hired’ in Greenhouse thereby removing the time and error potential of having to do this manually.
In this article, we will cover how to:
- Configure User Setup Permissions in Greenhouse Recruiting
- Retrieve Natural HR’s Endpoint URL and Secret Key
- Enable Greenhouse/Natural HR Integration
- What fields are exported to Natural HR from Greenhouse using this integration
- Synchronise additional custom fields to use for salary, job status and company
Configure User Setup Permissions in Greenhouse Recruiting
In order to enable the Greenhouse/Natural HR integration, you will need the developer permission Can manage ALL organization’s API Credentials.
Contact a Greenhouse user in your organization with Site Admin level permissions with the additional user-specific permission Can edit another user's advanced permissions to apply the API credential management permission to your account. Have the user with Site Admin level permissions edit your user account's permissions by navigating to the Configure icon > Users > Your Name)
The user with Site Admin level permissions should navigate to the Permissions panel on your user page and expand the Developer Permissions dropdown menu.
Select Can manage and configure web hooks so that a check is in the checkbox. When finished, click Save.
Repeat as necessary for any other user that should have access to set up the integration.
Retrieve Natural HR’s Endpoint URL and Secret Key
Before enabling the Greenhouse/Natural HR integration, Greenhouse will need two pieces of information:
- Natural HR’s Endpoint URL – this will always be https://www.naturalhr.net/hr/webhooks/greenhouse.php
- Natural HR’s Secret Key
- To retrieve this information, you need to go to Admin/Company/Settings/Tokens and click on Add
- Enter a meaningful name for the integration - e.g. Greenhouse
- Choose Greenhouse from the integration list
- Enter a secret - this is a 'password' in effect which allows us to validate that the requests we receive have come from your Greenhouse account. This should be a random string and you should note this down as you will need it once in Greenhouse.
- If you prefer you can click the icon to the right of the Secret key entry box and we will generate a random secret for you to use
- If you know the names of the Greenhouse fields which contain Salary, Job status and Company then you can enter these now – see below for more information
- Now click on submit
Enable Greenhouse/Natural HR Integration
With Natural HR’s endpoint URL and Secret Key copied, and your Greenhouse user permissions enabled, you are ready to enable the Greenhouse/Natural HR integration.
To enable the integration, click the Configure icon in the upper right-hand corner and navigate to Dev Center on the left-hand panel.
From the Dev Center page, click Web Hooks. Click Web Hooks from the subsequent page.
You will be directed to a new page where you Create a New Web Hook. From this page provide the following details:
- Name: we suggest Natural HR Integration
- When: Be sure to select the right web hook so that the web hook fires at the appropriate event in Greenhouse – this should be ‘Candidate has been hired’
- Endpoint URL: The Endpoint URL which will be https://www.naturalhr.net/hr/webhooks/greenhouse.php
- Secret Key: The Secret Key entered above when setting up the integration in Natural HR
When finished, click Create Web hook.
That's it! Your Greenhouse account and Natural HR account can now talk to each other.
What fields are exported to Natural HR using this integration
- First name
- Last name
- Home telephone number
- Home mobile number
- Home email address
- Address (single line due to how this is stored in Greenhouse)
- Job title
- Start date
- Salary (including currency) *
- Job status *
- Company *
- All candidate documents - this includes the CV/resume, offer pack and any other documents uploaded during the recruitment process
Fields marked * need setup as custom offer fields in Greenhouse to be able to synchronise
Fields marked § must have the EXACT same values in both systems to synchronise - for example, if you have a department in Natural HR called Sales but it is called business development in Greenhouse then it will not synchronise.
Use custom offer fields to send additional information to Natural HR
- Go to custom fields for offers - https://app4.greenhouse.io/custom_fields/offers
- If you already have custom offer fields setup for job status, salary and/or company then note down the names of these fields
- If you do not already have these custom fields setup then click on Add field
- On the next screen, add a unique name for the field
- This is the name you will need to then use in Natural HR to tell us what field to look in for the custom values
- Choose a field type
- For salary you should choose "Currency"
- For job status and/or company you should choose "Single select"
- You then must ensure that the names of the values entered MATCH EXACTLY the values in Natural HR - for example if Natural HR has a job status of Full time and you enter Full-time then this will not synchronise properly.
How to use the Natural HR Integration with Greenhouse
- Go to the candidate you wish to hire
- Ensure the candidate has an offer added for them
- Once you have done this, click on Manage offer
- Then click on "Mark Candidate as Hired"
- In the popup, check and make sure the values are all correct then click Save and you will see the confirmation that the candidate has been hired
- This will then send a request to Natural HR to add the employee based on the information added - this will usually be within a few minutes. A slight delay is expected as Greenhouse only process their webhooks every few minutes.
- You can check if the webhook has worked by going to https://app4.greenhouse.io/configure/dev_center/web_hooks and clicking on Web hook log
- You should then see something like the below - if you do then the data has been sent to Natural HR and will be processed accordingly.
Please contact email@example.com for troubleshooting assistance regarding the integration.