When your organization implements HRIS Link, you must specify a notification email address. Greenhouse will send an email to this address after every HRIS Link run, confirming if the run succeeded or failed. If HRIS Link fails, the notification email includes details on the error that occurred, as well as a Workflow ID. The Greenhouse Support team can use these details to help troubleshoot and diagnose the issue.
In most cases, if an error occurs while HRIS Link is attempting to create or update a user, the error will prevent the user from being created or updated in Greenhouse Recruiting.
|Email subject||Error information||Issue||User solution|
|HRIS Link: User import completed with errors||User email; email taken: <email address>||
The employee ID and email address for a given employee included in the HRIS Report are linked to two distinct Greenhouse Recruiting users.
Greenhouse user 1 Employee ID: 12345
Greenhouse User 2 Employee ID: 01234
|1. Audit your Greenhouse Recruiting users to determine which users are tied to the employee ID and email address included in the HRIS Report. This can be done by exporting your entire user base via Configure > Users, or by using the employee_id or email parameter with the GET: List Users Harvest API endpoint.
2. Cross reference the Greenhouse Recruiting user information retrieved with the information attributed to the HRIS employee profile.
3. Reconcile the Greenhouse Recruiting user profiles and HRIS employee profiles to ensure the correct employee IDs and email addresses are associated with the correct Greenhouse Recruiting users and HRIS employees.
4. If you are unable to update the necessary info on the Greenhouse Recruiting user(s) to resolve the issue, click here to open a ticket with the Greenhouse Support team.
|HRIS Link: User import completed with errors||Missing required field: email
Missing required field: first_name
Missing required field: last_name
Missing required field: employee_id
|The email address, first name, last name, or employee ID was not provided in the HRIS Report for the employee in question. Greenhouse Recruiting requires email address, employee ID, first name, and last name for each employee in the HRIS Report.||1. Audit the employee profile in the HRIS to ensure the employee profile has an email address, first name, last name, and employee ID.
2. If all required fields are filled out in the HRIS, verify the HRIS ISU has access to the employee’s email address, first name, last name, and employee ID.
3. Wait 15 minutes for the user import report to run again after updating the email address.
4. If the error persists after updating the employee profile in the HRIS with an email address, click here to open a ticket with the Greenhouse Support team.
|HRIS Link: User import failed||Server broke connection||This error indicates an intermittent issue that may occur when user import errors out trying to create or update a user via the Harvest API. This error may resolve itself the next time user import runs.||Click here to open a ticket with the Greenhouse Support Team with the workflow ID and the error message that occurred.|