HRIS Link can import and update jobs at scale in Greenhouse Recruiting, using the most current data in your HRIS. This article outlines the setup process and high-level functionality of importing jobs with HRIS Link.
To set up HRIS Link to import jobs to Greenhouse Recruiting, first create a jobs report in your HRIS that matches the required specifications:
- Setup HRIS Link job import with 'job requisitions' enabled
- Setup HRIS Link job import without 'job requisitions' enabled
Next, publish the jobs report as a web service.
In Greenhouse Recruiting, create an integration system user (ISU) and grant permission for the ISU to view the jobs report and all its fields. Send the jobs report URL, ISU credentials, and administrator email address to your Greenhouse technical consultant.
Your Greenhouse technical consultant will configure the integration and kick off the initial HRIS Link run. When HRIS Link job import is enabled, you'll receive success and error emails to help monitor the status of your integration.
HRIS Link job import functionality
Once enabled, HRIS Link performs the following actions every 15 minutes:
- HRIS Link determines whether each job on your job report already exists in Greenhouse Recruiting, using requisition ID as the unique identifier.
- HRIS Link creates new jobs in Greenhouse Recruiting for those not already present in the hiring software.
- HRIS Link updates existing jobs in Greenhouse Recruiting if any values on the report changed since the previous sync.
- For newly created jobs:
- HRIS Link assigns all custom field values contained in your report.
- HRIS Link assigns hiring managers, recruiters, sourcers, and coordinators to the hiring team.
HRIS Link compares the status of each job (like open, closed) across your HRIS and Greenhouse Recruiting, and it notifies the recruiter when the status is out of parity.
Additionally, HRIS Link will send success or error email notifications to the designated system administrator.