HRIS Link can be used to import and update jobs in Greenhouse Recruiting, based on the most current data in your HRIS. This article outlines the setup process and high-level functionality of importing jobs with HRIS Link.
In this article, we will cover:
- Create a jobs report in your HRIS that matches the required specifications.
- Publish the report as a web service.
- Create an integration system user (ISU) and grant permission for the ISU to view the report and all fields contained therein.
- Send the report URL, ISU credentials, and administrator email address to your Greenhouse consultant.
- Your Greenhouse consultant configures the integration and kicks off the initial run. When ready, your consultant can enable 15-minute polling.
- Once polling is enabled, you will receive success and error emails to help monitor the status of your integration.
Once enabled, HRIS Link performs the following actions every 15 minutes:
- Determines whether each job on the report already exists in Greenhouse Recruiting, using requisition ID as the unique identifier.
- Creates new job(s) in Greenhouse Recruiting for those not already present.
- Updates existing jobs in Greenhouse Recruiting if any values on the report changed since the previous run.
- For newly created jobs:
- Assigns all custom field values contained in your report.
- Assigns hiring manager(s) and recruiter to the hiring team.
- Compares the status of each job (e.g., open, closed) across systems and notifies the recruiter when the status is out of parity.
- Sends success or error email notifications to the designated system administrator.