This guide is a step-by-step process on how to integrate Greenhouse with GoodTime. This guide requires the user to create a Harvest API key from Greenhouse, which gives GoodTime’s system access to candidate data as well as other data about job applications and the stages candidates are in.
GoodTime utilizes the Harvest API to do the following:
- Sync candidate information between the Greenhouse and GoodTime so the candidate information does not have to be re-entered into GoodTime.
- Sync a list of job applications/application stages for each candidate to properly assign the correct interview kits
- Create interview kit links to share with interviewers so they can be shared on calendar invites to interviewers
- Import recruiter/coordinator assignments for each candidate
Configure User Setup Permissions in Greenhouse Recruiting
In order to enable the Greenhouse Recruiting / GoodTime integration, you will need the developer permission Can manage ALL organization’s API Credentials.
Contact a Greenhouse user in your organization with Site Admin level permissions with the additional user-specific permission Can edit another user's advanced permissions to apply the API credential management permission to your account. Have the user with Site Admin level permissions edit your user account's permissions by navigating to the Configure icon > Users > Your Name.
The user with Site Admin level permissions should navigate to the Permissions panel on your user page and expand the Developer Permissions dropdown menu.
Select Can manage ALL organization’s API Credentials so a check is in the checkbox. When finished, click Save.
Repeat as necessary for any other user that should have access to set up the integration.
Greenhouse API Key for GoodTime
1. Go to: https://app.greenhouse.io/configure/dev_center/credentials (replace “app” with your company’s unique URL) in your web browser (If you are not already logged in, log into Greenhouse)
2. Tap “Create New API Key.”
3. Add “GoodTime Key” as the description. Select “Harvest” as the type. Tap “Create” to create a new key.
For the new API key, add the following permissions. GoodTime needs access to the following permissions. As a general rule of thumb, GoodTime mostly needs GET access to all endpoints. See exceptions in bold for other permissions.
4. Copy the newly created key
5. Go to https://a.goodtime.io/dashboard/settings/company and scroll down to integrations
6. Select “Greenhouse” as the ATS type
7. Paste copied text into the “API Key” field
8. Set the "Use API to Sync Interviews" setting to on
9. Set "Sync Emails to ATS" setting to on
10. Click "Save"
11. Press “Save” at the top left hand side of the page and you are done. Congrats!
Syncing to Greenhouse
GoodTime syncs interviews to Greenhouse via the feedback forms that you select.
If you find that an interview is not syncing properly to Greenhouse, check these 2 things:
1. Make sure feedback forms are selected for all of the interview events (excluding greets/walkouts)
2. Make sure the candidate is on the correct job in GoodTime
Downloading the GoodTime plug-in
1. Log into GoodTime dashboard: https://a.goodtime.io/dashboard
2. Click on your avatar (or photo) in the top right hand corner
3. Click on "Download Chrome Extension" in the dropdown menu
4. Go back to Greenhouse and press refresh on any candidate’s page
Syncing data from Greenhouse <> GoodTime:
Date from Greenhouse > Candidate Page: Notice Name, Email, Phone, Job/Stage
GoodTime > Landing Page from "Open in GoodTime":
The same candidate in GoodTime after pressing "Open in GoodTime" (notice name and email match here, In Pink)
GoodTime > Candidate Scheduling Tab: The Job and Stage Import (in Green), also other areas where we show synced Candidate information (in Pink)
GoodTime > Variables: Users can also candidate data via our variables (They are the yellow colored tokens). Two screenshots, one where the user is adding the token by name - $Candidate.PhoneNumber, and the second one where the value is resolved from synchronized data from Greenhouse). Also notice the variable for the candidate's name Arya is already resolved.