Before proceeding with greenhouse hiring along with Vetty integration following steps need to be followed:
- The organization must have a greenhouse account and must be registered as a client in Vetty.
- The user configuring integration must have an account with developer permissions in Greenhouse.
- The organization must have an account with site admin permissions.
To create a user account with developer permissions in Greenhouse:
In order to proceed with a Greenhouse integration with Vetty, you must have a user account with developer permissions that include both:
- Can manage ALL organization’s API Credentials
- Can manage and configure webhooks permissions.
This can be done in two ways:
- Add a new user
- Edit an existing user
Regardless of adding, or editing a user, the first step is for the greenhouse site admin to navigate to the Users section. Once there, please click on the Configure icon at the top right corner, it can be found next to the “user name”.
To add a user, first, enter the email address and then select the permissions as shown under developer permissions and click save.
To edit a user and provide developer permissions, navigate to Users, search for and select for the appropriate name, and update the permissions as shown below, and save.
Adding a webhook
Webhook acts as a bridge for greenhouse and Vetty integration. To configure the webhooks to the greenhouse account, you will first need the URL as provided by the Vetty team. If you do not have this yet, you can get this easily by emailing your account manager, or by emailing email@example.com. Once in possession of the URL, the user must click on the Configure icon and go to Dev Center and follow the directions below:
Within the Web Hooks Section is where you will stage details, that tells the Vetty platform when to deploy a check. Please follow the below steps:
- Name this Webhook - Generally, most simply choose “Vetty Web Hook”
- When - Please select the stage at which the background check will begin.
- Endpoint URL - Please utilize the Endpoint URL given to you by the Vetty account manager. If you do not have that, simply reach out to your account manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Create an appropriate secret key and provide that webhook secret key to your Vetty account manager.
- Fill in an appropriate email address to for error handling
- Click on Create WebHook button to complete set up the webhook.
Create a Harvest API key
Now, the user will have access to a page that lists all the API credentials (if any) It is time to set up a New Harvest API key. Please follow the below instructions:
- Click on the Configure icon
- Navigate to the Dev Center
- Select API Credential Management
- Create New API Key, then follow the popup instructions;
- Description: the general recommendation is to fill the name of your organization.
- Type: Select Harvest
- The API Credentials will be displayed just as shown below.
Managing API Permissions
In the same API Credentials tab is where you will now set up, enable, and manage permissions.
Simply click the Manage Permission button and select the checkboxes as follows:
- Activity Feed
- GET: Retrieve Activity Feed
- DELETE: Delete Application
- GET: Retrieve Application
- GET: List Applications
- PATCH: Update Application
- POST: Advance Application
- POST: Move Application
- POST: Reject Application
- POST: Moves Application to Job
- POST: Unreject Application
- GET: Retrieve Candidate
- GET: List Candidates
- POST: Add Note
- Job Posts
- GET: List Job Posts
- GET: Retrieve Job Post for Job
- Job Stages
- GET: Retrieve Job Stage
- GET: List Job Stages
- GET: List Job Stages for Job
- GET: Retrieve Job
- GET: List Jobs
- GET: List Application's Offers
- GET: Retrieve Application's Current Offer
- GET: Retrieve Offer
- GET: List Offers
- GET: Retrieve Office
- GET: List Offices
- GET: Retrieve User
- GET: List Users
Provide Information to Vetty to complete integration!
Now that the newly added harvest API key has to be configured on the Vetty system, it’s time to provide just a few details to your Vetty account manager, or to support@vetty. They will need:
- Copy of API key
- Provide the job stage at which you would like the background check to kick off.
- I.e. after Face to Face, or after offer accepted.
Once this information has been provided to the Vetty team, your account manager will confirm receipt and will proceed with linking the accounts. Once Vetty confirms that the accounts have been linked, a background check will start when a candidate is moved into the background check stage in your greenhouse account. Your integration is complete!
Deploy, and Review Background Check Statuses
New checks that are moved to the background checking stage will trigger an order to the Vetty system. After the background check is completed within the Vetty system, the details will be updated on the Greenhouse platform automatically where the report will be found in the “Private Tab”.
To review the background check report, simply click on the link, sign in to your Vetty account, and review.