The Choice Screening integration allows you to seamlessly and automatically take newly-hired candidates from Greenhouse and submit them for background screening into Choice Screening.
Integrating Choice Screening with your Greenhouse implementation is very straight forward. Choice Screening will provide some required information, and conversely specific information about your Greenhouse implementation will be shared with Choice Screening.
To get started, contact your Choice Screening salesperson or customer support. They will provide an endpoint URL and a secret key.
example secret key:
Once you have received both of those items, there are four parts to an integration between Greenhouse and Choice Screening
- Access Rights
- Choice Screening Integration Information
- Greenhouse Integration Information
- Package Selection per Job
Part 1 – Access Rights
- Ask a Site Admin with Advanced permissions to log into Greenhouse
- Have them select Configure > Users > Your Name
- At the bottom of the page, select Can manage and configure web hooks
- Repeat for anyone else that should have access
Part 2 – Choice Screening Integration Information
- Now that you have the correct permissions, log into your Greenhouse account
- Select Configure > Dev Center > Web Hooks > Web Hooks
- You'll land on a page called Create a New Web Hook
- Name your Webhook — we suggest Choice Screening Integration
- Input the Endpoint URL and Secret Key provided to you by Choice Screening, then make sure the Web hook type is Candidate Is Hired.
- Press Create Web Hook.
Part 3 – Greenhouse Integration Information
- Select Configure > Dev Center > Web Hooks > API Credential Management
- Choose a descriptive name like: Choice Screening Integration Key
- Under Type, choose Harvest
- Expand the Candidates section and select POST: add note
- Expand the Users section and select GET: List Users
- Copy the key provided by Greenhouse and give to your Choice Screening sales representative or customer service agent.
Part 4 – Package Selection per Job
- Select Configure > Custom Options > Jobs
- In the Field and Description sections, choose a meaningful name such as “Choice Screening Background Check”
- For Type, choose Single Select
- In Options paste the package name as given to you by your Choice Screening sales representative or Customer Service agent
- Example: Comprehensive Criminal 7 year|COMPREHENS02623
- Select Required
- Copy the Immutable Field Key value and give to your Choice Screening sales representative or Customer Service agent
- Choose Save
That's it! Your Greenhouse account and Choice Screening account are now integrated!
Once your Greenhouse implementation is integrated with Choice Screening, when you initiate a background screen on a candidate, Greenhouse will automatically send to Choice Screening the candidate’s name and email address information as well as what background screening package that was selected to be run.
Choice Screening will then send a background screening consent email to the candidate, and pre-populate the information provided for the candidate. Once the candidate has consented to the background screen, the package selected will automatically be run.
Once the package that was ordered is complete, that activity is noted in the candidate activity feed, and you can see the full details of that report in the Choice Screening portal.