When you begin your Workday integration, your Customer Success Manager or Account Director will enable the Workday Admin Center for your Greenhouse instance. We will assign access to the Workday Admin Center to one or more internal users of your choosing.
Once this is complete, you can assign access to the Workday Admin Center to your integration developer. Keep in mind that all Workday configurations within Greenhouse will need to be configured by your Workday developer or internal admin. All testing will also need to be completed by an internal admin or Workday developer.
To give a third-party or external Workday developer access to these configurations, you will want to give them at least a Basic account with the following Developer Permissions:
- *Can manage and configure web hooks
- Can configure Workday integrations
*The permission to configure web hooks is only needed if you will be enabling a candidate export from Greenhouse to Workday.
Note: The permission Can manage ALL organization's API Credentials should only be given in the event that you're building an API driven integration and would like the integration developer to create the Harvest API key for themselves. Harvest API keys can potentially provide access to all system data, so please make sure this permission is required for your integration before giving this permission to an integration developer. You can read more about how to create a Harvest API key on your integration developer's behalf in our Harvest API Key Permissions help article.
If your external Workday consultant or integration developer will also be managing the testing of the integration, we recommend providing Job Admin access in addition to the Developer Permissions above. You can provide additional access depending on which aspects of the integration they will be testing.
Below are some permissions and best practices for managing your developer:
- Assign to at least one test job if they need to see how custom Job fields look on a job. If they will also being testing hiring candidates, they'll need be assigned to the job with a Job Admin level that has access to private fields.
- Can create new jobs and request job approvals - if they will be testing importing jobs
- Can manage custom fields - if they will be adding and updating custom fields on your behalf