Coderbyte is a code assessment platform for screening, interviews, and take-home projects, powered by Growhire, Coderbyte’s recruiting automation platform.
Coderbyte's integration with Greenhouse Recruiting allows you to automate assessment and live interview workflows.
Enable the Greenhouse Recruiting / Coderbyte integration
Prior to enabling the Coderbyte integration in Greenhouse Recruiting, you'll need to complete the following steps:
After configuring the above, you'll be able to proceed with integration setup.
Create a Harvest API key
To configure the Coderbyte integration, you’ll need to create a Harvest API key.
Follow the steps in this article to create the key, and verify that the permissions below are selected when configuring the Coderbyte integration.
Create New Credential box, make the following selections:
- API Type: Harvest
- Partner: Coderbyte or Unlisted Vendor
- Description: Coderbyte Harvest API Key
Verify that the following permissions are selected for the Coderbyte:
- GET: Retrieve Activity Feed
- GET: Retrieve Application
- Post: Moves Application to Job
- Post: Move Application
- GET: List Applications
- Post: Add Note
- GET: List Candidates
- GET: Retrieve Candidate
- GET: List Jobs
- GET: Retrieve Job
- GET: List Openings For a Job
- GET: Retrieve Job Post for Job
- GET: List Job Posts for Job
- GET: List Job Stages
Create a Growhire integration service user
To update a candidate's status in Greenhouse Recruiting, you'll need to provide Growhire with a user who will make the updates.
The user associated with this ID will be listed as the user who provided updates to these values on behalf of Growhire. Create a new service user with the following details:
- Email address: Use any email address (example: coderbyteintegration@YOURCOMPANY.com)
- Permission: Site Admin
Once you created the user, follow these steps to obtain the ID of that user.
Connect the Coderbyte integration in Growhire
Log in to your Growhire account and navigate to Settings -> ATS. Under the Greenhouse Recruiting logo, click Connect.
On the next screen you will be prompted to enter the Harvest API Key and User ID that you just created.
Once you enter the information, click Connect.
Create a webhook
To leverage the full capability of Growhire with Greenhouse Recruiting, you’ll need to create a webhook. Follow the steps in this article to create your webhook.
After connecting Greenhouse Recruiting to Growhire, you should be presented with an instruction for setting a webhook:
These values are secret and unique to your account. Use them to configure the webhook in Greenhouse Recruiting:
- Name: A descriptive name for your integration. Most customers choose ‘Growhire integration’ or ‘Coderbyte integration’
- When: Candidate has changed stage
- Endpoint URL: The Endpoint URL provided by Growhire in the “Endpoint URL” field
- Secret Key: The Secret Key provided by Growhire in the “Secret key” field
Use the Coderbyte integration with Greenhouse Recruiting
You can navigate to the Workflows page in Growhire to configure your recruiting automation.
You can now create Workflows that automatically send assessment invites or move candidates to the next stage after a successful interview.