Business Intelligence Connector provides insight into your organization's data with robust analytics capabilities. If you encounter errors when connecting to Business Intelligence Connector, check out these possible solutions.
The IP address provided with your Business Intelligence Connector credentials doesn't match the login information for the AWS server.
Verify that the IP address for the Redshift connection is allowlisted: Allowlist IP addresses for Business Intelligence Connector.
The username and password added to Business Intelligence Connector don't match the login information on the AWS server.
- Verify that the correct login information was entered in Greenhouse Recruiting: Enable Business Intelligence Connector.
There are a few different scenarios that can cause these error messages:
- The key didn't match any rows on the table: This error is generated by Power BI when a query references a key that doesn't exist in the schema. Power BI Support can assist with this error.
- Prepared statement already exists: Prepared statements are not supported by Greenhouse Recruiting. To resolve this issue, connect to Redshift first and perform the query in a separate unconnected action.
To double-check general connection errors like these, you can always connect to another data development tool to verify if an error is unique to your data development tool.
Redshift will reject any unencrypted connections when sending connection requests. You'll need to enable SSL on your connection.
Connection timed out
This general error could be caused by any of the following scenarios:
- You're trying to run a large query. Try running a smaller action to see if the action still times out.
- Your organization's network is limiting traffic, which is causing queries to time out. Your IT team will be able to verify this issue.
- Redshift has become disconnected from your organization.