Greenhouse Recruiting’s integration with Cezanne HR allows you to automatically add candidates to your Cezanne system when they are hired in Greenhouse. In this article, we will cover how to:
- Configure User Setup Permissions in Greenhouse Recruiting
- Retrieve Cezanne HR’s Endpoint URL and Secret Key
- Enable Greenhouse/Cezanne HR Integration
- How to set up a Greenhouse/Cezanne HR Integration in your Cezanne system
Configure User Setup Permissions in Greenhouse Recruiting
In order to enable the Greenhouse/Cezanne HR integration, you will need the developer permission Can manage ALL organization’s API Credentials.
Contact a Greenhouse user in your organization with Site Admin level permissions with the additional user-specific permission Can edit another user's advanced permissions to apply the API credential management permission to your account. Have the user with Site Admin level permissions edit your user account's permissions by navigating to the Configure icon > Users > Your Name)
The user with Site Admin level permissions should navigate to the Permissions panel on your user page and expand the Developer Permissions dropdown menu.
Select Can manage and configure web hooks so that a check is in the checkbox. When finished, click Save.
Repeat as necessary for any other user that should have access to set up the integration.
Retrieve Cezanne HR’s Endpoint URL and Secret Key
Before enabling the Greenhouse/Cezanne HR integration, Greenhouse will need two pieces of information:
- Cezanne HR’s Endpoint URL
- Cezanne HR’s Secret Key
To retrieve this information please check what is set as the ‘Subdomain’ and ‘Secret Key’ fields in Cezanne HR on the Greenhouse integrations page. If these settings have not yet been set up, please do so (see ‘How to set up a Greenhouse/Cezanne HR integration in your Cezanne system’ below).
How to set up a Greenhouse/Cezanne HR integration in your Cezanne system
For this integration to be able to pull through successful candidates into Cezanne HR, you will need to ensure an 'Enter a New Starter' or 'Enter a New Starter (Without Absences)' Process is active (Administration > Processes > Employee Administration).
For more information about how to set up these processes, see: Enter a New Starter Process.
You will then need to navigate to: Administration > Setup & Security > Integrations > Greenhouse.
The Details screen configures the subscription to Greenhouse and some of the details for a successful candidate's New Starter Process Task.
- Click Add New.
- Subdomain - Enter your company's Subdomain e.g. CezanneHR. This field can be anything you want but will need to match the relevant field in Greenhouse and contain URL friendly characters.
- Secret Key - Enter a Secret Key. This will be used to setup the Greenhouse Webhook. This field can be anything you want but will need to match the Secret Key in Greenhouse and must be secure.
- New Hire Administrator - Search for a HR Professional User to be the person responsible for the New Starter Process. They will be sent the tasks to complete a successful candidate's New Starter Process.
- New Hire Default Company - Search for the Company Code the successful candidate will be hired into.
- Click Save.
Enable Greenhouse/Cezanne HR Integration
With Cezanne HR’s endpoint URL and Secret Key copied, and your Greenhouse user permissions enabled, you are ready to enable the Greenhouse/Cezanne HR integration.
To enable the integration, click the Configure icon in the upper right-hand corner and navigate to Dev Center on the left-hand panel.
From the Dev Center page, click Web Hooks. Click Web Hooks from the subsequent page.
You will be directed to a new page where you Create a New Web Hook. From this page provide the following details:
- Name: we suggest Cezanne HR Integration
- When: Be sure to select the right web hook so that the web hook fires at the appropriate event in Greenhouse, this should be set to ‘Candidate has been hired’
- Endpoint URL: The Endpoint URL found in the previous section
- Secret Key: The Secret Key found in the previous section
The endpoint URL will be ‘https://w3.cezanneondemand.com/CezanneOnDemand api/v4/greenhouse/Webhook/Subdomain’ with the ‘Subdomain’ part being replaced with the one you have set up in Cezanne. And the secret key will be the same as the one entered in the ‘Secret Key’ field in Cezanne.
When finished, click Create Web hook.
That's it! Your Greenhouse account and Cezanne HR account can now talk to each other.
Need Help? Read some FAQ's below:
Does the Cezanne HR/Greenhouse Integration cost?
The integration is available to all Cezanne HR customers and there is no additional cost.
Why hasn’t my New Starter Process Task been created?
The New Stater Process will not be created if any of the Greenhouse Web Hook details and Cezanne Integration details do not match but will still be created without a Deployment or Employment Record if Department or Company cannot be found.
- Check the Subdomain is entered correctly in the Endpoint URL in Greenhouse
- Check the Secret Key has been entered correctly
- Check that 'No' has been checked under 'Disabled?'
- Check the candidate's Application Status in Greenhouse is 'Candidate has been hired'
Why hasn’t the successful candidate’s Employment Details been created in Cezanne HR?
Employment Details will not be created if:
- The Company is now inactive or has been deleted.
- Add the Employee details in the process.
- To prevent this happening for any other successful candidates, change the Default Company in the Integration screen to one that is active.
- The Company Code has been changed.
- Add the Employee details in the process.
- Manually update the Company Code to the current code in the Integration screen.
Why hasn’t the successful candidate’s Deployment Record been created in Cezanne HR?
A Deployment record will not be automatically created in the process if no Department has been entered in Greenhouse.
- The New Hire Administrator will have to add the Deployment details in the process.
- Enter a Department in Greenhouse that matches an active Org Unit in Cezanne.
Why hasn’t the successful candidate’s Position Title been filled in Cezanne HR?
No Position Title will be entered on the Deployment Details tab in the New Starter Process if:
The Internal Job Name in Greenhouse does not match an active Position Title in Cezanne.
There are more than one active Position Titles in Cezanne that match the Internal Job Name in Greenhouse.
- The New Hire Administrator will have to add an active Position to the candidate's Deployment record in the process.
- To prevent this happening again for any other successful candidates, ensure the Internal Job Name in Greenhouse matches an active Position in Cezanne.
Why hasn’t the successful candidate’s Address been filled in in Cezanne HR?
Address will not be filled in if there is no Address in Greenhouse or the address filled in was not recognised by Cezanne.
- Change the address in the Personal Information tab in the process.
- Ensure there is a recognisable street address, house name and/or postcode.
Please contact email@example.com for troubleshooting assistance regarding the integration.