XOR, Inc. is passionate about making recruiting, human resources, and technology work together. Greenhouse's integration with XOR makes the recruiting process even more efficient. With the integration, XOR can automate the screening and scheduling process using an AI chatbot. Qualified candidates are then added in your Greenhouse account where you can see the transcription of the entire chatbot conversations, as well as the candidates’ resumes.
In this article, we will cover how to:
Configure User Setup Permissions in Greenhouse Recruiting
In order to enable the Greenhouse/XOR integration, you will need the developer permissions Can manage ALL organization’s API Credentials.
Contact a Greenhouse user in your organization with Site Admin level permissions with the additional user-specific permission Can edit another user's advanced permissions to apply the necessary permissions to your account. Have the user with Site Admin level permissions edit your user account's permissions by navigating to the Configure icon > Users > Your Name.
The user with Site Admin level permissions should navigate to the User-Specific Permissions panel on your user page and expand the Developer Permissions dropdown menu.
Select Can manage ALL organization’s API Credentials. When finished, click Save.
Create a Harvest API Key for the Greenhouse/XOR Integration
To create a Harvest API key for the integration, click on the Configure icon in the upper right-hand corner. Navigate to Dev Center on the left-hand panel.
From the Dev Center page, click API Credential Management.
From the API Credential Management page, click Create New API Key to generate the API key for XOR.
On the Manage API Key Permissions page, select all of the following API permissions:
GET: List Users
GET: Retrieve Candidate
GET: Retrieve Application
When finished, click Update.
Your Harvest API key for the Greenhouse/XOR integration is created and configured. Copy your API key in a secure area for the next step.
Enable the Greenhouse/XOR Integration
With your Harvest API key copied, login to your XOR account and select Companies > search the Company Name > Edit Company.
On the Company page, click the Integrations Settings tab and select Greenhouse Settings. Enter the company's Email (the one registered on Greenhouse) and enter the Harvest API key.
Enable the Email Notification and edit the message. Enable the SMS Notification and edit the message. Click the Save button at the top-right of the page.
Integration in Vacancy Settings
To integrate Greenhouse in a Vacancy, follow these steps:
- In your XOR account, click Companies. Select the Company, and select a Vacancy.
- On the Vacancy Edit tab, select Integration Settings, and enter the External Company ID found in the Greenhouse URL of a job [see video below].
- Scroll to Integration Settings at the right-bottom of the page, and check the Automatic candidate publication checkbox.
- In the Timeout box, enter the interval of time at which the candidate's data will be published.
- In the Start counting from drop-down menu, select the stage of the chatbot conversation at which the candidate's data will be published.
- Click the Add button to open the External Data Systems box.
- Click the Settings button and select Greenhouse from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Settings button again and check the Use for candidate invite checkbox.
- Click Save at the top-right corner of the page.
Use the Greenhouse/XOR Integration
Once the integration on Company and Vacancy levels are performed, you can start sourcing the candidates. There are two scenarios in which to the XOR integration with Greenhouse applies:
1. The candidate applies on the Greenhouse careers page for a specific job posting. XOR monitors job applications with Greenhouse Harvest API. As soon as XOR finds a new job application, the candidate is invited to pass the chatbot linked to the job requisition. After the qualification, XOR sends the updated candidate information back to the Greenhouse with the transcription of the entire chatbot conversation (Cover Letter), as well as the candidate’s resume.
2. The candidate applies to a job in XOR (through a direct chatbot link, XOR Landing page, text to apply, etc.). If this job is linked to a Greenhouse requisition, after the candidate’s qualification XOR adds the candidate in the Greenhouse database (with the Resume and Cover Letter), creating a new application.
Use the XOR Chrome Extension
In order to improve the engagement process, XOR Chrome Extension allows you to add a candidate to a scheduled campaign with a single click. To use the extension with the XOR / Greenhouse integration, follow these steps:
- After downloading the Chrome XOR extension, click the XOR Extension icon, and Select Company to indicate in which you want to add the candidate.
- Select the phone number or email address of the candidate to fill in all the necessary fields.
- Select the scheduled Campaign to which you want to add the candidate.
- Click the Add Candidate button.