XOR, Inc. is passionate about making recruiting, human resources, and technology work together. Greenhouse's integration with XOR makes the recruiting process even more efficient. With the integration, XOR can automate the screening and scheduling process using an AI chatbot. Qualified candidates are then added in your Greenhouse account where you can see the transcription of the entire chatbot conversations, as well as the candidates' resumes.
Set up the XOR integration
Create a Harvest API key
To configure the Greenhouse Recruiting / XOR integration, you'll need to create a Harvest API key.
Follow the steps in this article to create the key, and verify that the credentials and permissions below are selected when configuring the XOR integration.
In the Create New Credential box, make the following selections:
- API type: Harvest
- Partner: XOR
- Description: XOR Harvest API key
Verify that the following permissions are selected for the XOR integration:
- GET: List Users
- GET: Retrieve Candidate
- GET: List Candidates
- POST: Add Candidate
- PATCH: Edit Candidate
- POST: Add Application
- POST: Add Note
- GET: Retrieve Application
- GET: List Applications
- POST: Add Attachment to Application
When finished, copy your API key in a secure location to provide to XOR in the next step.
Provide your API key to XOR and complete setup
With your Harvest API key copied, login to your XOR account and select Companies > Company Name > Edit Company.
On the Company page, click Integrations Settings and select Greenhouse Settings.
Enter the company's Email (the one registered on Greenhouse Recruiting) and enter the Harvest API key.
Enable the Email Notification and edit the message. Enable the SMS Notification and edit the message. Click the Save button at the top-right.
Integration in vacancy settings
To integrate Greenhouse Recruiting in a vacancy, follow these steps:
- In your XOR account, click Companies. Select the Company, and select a Vacancy.
- On the Vacancy Edit tab, select Integration Settings, and enter the External Company ID found in the Greenhouse URL of a job [see video below].
- Scroll to Integration Settings at the right-bottom of the page, and check the Automatic candidate publication checkbox.
- In the Timeout box, enter the interval of time at which the candidate's data will be published.
- In the Start counting from menu, select the stage of the chatbot conversation at which the candidate's data will be published.
- Click the Add button to open the External Data Systems box.
- Click the Settings button and select Greenhouse from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Settings button again and check the Use for candidate invite checkbox.
- Click Save at the top-right corner of the page.
Use the XOR integration with Greenhouse Recruiting
Once the integration on company and vacancy levels is performed, you can start sourcing candidates.
There are two scenarios in which to the XOR integration with Greenhouse Recruiting applies:
1. The candidate applies on the Greenhouse Recruiting careers page for a specific job posting. XOR monitors job applications with Greenhouse Harvest API. As soon as XOR finds a new job application, the candidate is invited to pass the chatbot linked to the job requisition. After the qualification, XOR sends the updated candidate information back to the Greenhouse Recruiting with the transcription of the entire chatbot conversation (cover letter), as well as the candidate's resume.
2. The candidate applies to a job in XOR (through a direct chatbot link, XOR Landing page, text to apply, etc.). If this job is linked to a Greenhouse requisition, after the candidate's qualification XOR adds the candidate in the Greenhouse database (with the Resume and Cover Letter), creating a new application.
Download the XOR Chrome extension
In order to improve the engagement process, XOR Chrome add-on allows you to add a candidate to a scheduled campaign with a single click. To use the extension with the XOR / Greenhouse integration, follow these steps:
- After downloading the Chrome XOR add-on, click the XOR add-on icon, and Select Company to indicate in which you want to add the candidate.
- Select the phone number or email address of the candidate to fill in all the necessary fields.
- Select the scheduled Campaign to which you want to add the candidate.
- Click the Add Candidate button.
Opt-in consent for Application-to-Person (A2P) messaging
Application-to-Person (A2P) messaging allows organizations to send messages to standard 10-digit long code (10DLC) phone numbers.
New texting regulations for A2P 10DLC require candidates expressly opt-in when applying for jobs in order to receive A2P communications. If a candidate opts-out, these messages will be blocked.
To obtain opt-in consent for candidate applications in Greenhouse Recruiting, create a custom application question, using Yes/No as the configured answer type, and apply this question to your job posts in bulk.
For additional questions or to discuss A2P 10DLC regulations further, reach your Customer Success manager.
For additional information or troubleshooting not covered here, contact XOR support.