BetterCloud helps IT teams manage and secure user activity across the digital workplace.
Greenhouse Recruiting's integration with BetterCloud allows IT teams to add new users to Greenhouse Recruiting, update user's name, disable and enable users, add and remove job permissions, and add and remove future job permissions.
In this article, we will cover how to:
Configure User Setup Permissions in Greenhouse Recruiting
In order to enable the Greenhouse Recruiting / BetterCloud integration, you will need the developer permission Can manage ALL organization’s API Credentials.
Contact a Greenhouse user in your organization with Site Admin level permissions with the additional user-specific permission Can edit another user's advanced permissions to apply the API credential management permission to your account. Have the user with Site Admin level permissions edit your user account's permissions by navigating to the Configure icon > Users > Your Name.
The user with Site Admin level permissions should navigate to the Permissions panel on your user page and expand the Developer Permissions dropdown menu.
Select Can manage ALL organization’s API Credentials so that a check is in the checkbox. When finished, click Save.
Repeat as necessary for any other user that should have access to set up the integration.
Create a Harvest API Key for the Greenhouse Recruiting / BetterCloud Integration
To create a Harvest API key for the integration, click on the Configure icon in the upper right-hand corner. Navigate to Dev Center on the left-hand panel.
From the Dev Center page, click API Credential Management.
From the API Credential Management page, click Create New API Key to generate the API key for BetterCloud.
From the Create new credential dialog box, give your API key a name and select Harvest from the Type dropdown menu. When finished, click Create.
On the Manage API Key Permissions page, grant the API key the permissions listed below. When finished, click Update.
- User Roles
Your Harvest API key for the Greenhouse Recruiting / BetterCloud integration is created and configured. Copy the Harvest API key to provide to BetterCloud in the next step.
Provide Harvest API Key to BetterCloud
In your BetterCloud installation, enter a name for your installation in the field for Name. In the field API Token, enter the Harvest API Key you created in Greenhouse Recruiting. In the adminEmail field, enter your email address (if you are the admin), then click Install.
Use Greenhouse Recruiting / BetterCloud Integration
In the example below, we will build a workflow that disables a Greenhouse Recruiting user when they are added to a deprovision org unit in BetterCloud's Google domain.
In the example below, we will build a workflow that disables a Greenhouse user when they are added to a ‘deprovision’ org unit in our google domain.
In BetterCloud, click Workflow from the left-hand menu and then click New.
In the Name your workflow text box, enter a name for your workflow.
Since the action will be triggered by a change in the Org Unit, make the following selections:
- In the top menu under Library: When
- Conditions: Org Unit
- Options: Org Unit
Next, make the following selections:
- In the top menu under Library: If
- Under the Properties menu on the right: is
- Org Unit: Deprovision (which is the name of the Org Unit in BetterCloud's Google domain)
Finally, make the following selections:
- In the top menu under Library: Then
- Select Greenhouse from the list of integrations on the left menu.
- Select Remove a Job Permission from the list of actions.
- On the right menu bar in the Email text box, click the dropdown and select Event: Google User and Users Email. In this example, we are removing the user's interviewer permission, so enter Interviewer in the Permissions text box.
- Select Remove a future Job Permission from the list of actions and repeat the steps above.
- Select Disable User from the list of actions and repeat the steps above.
- Finally, click the Publish button on the top right of the page.
Please contact email@example.com for troubleshooting assistance regarding the integration.