Ultimate Software's UltiPro cloud HR, payroll, and talent solution helps organizations improve the employee experience at all levels, beginning with personalized recruiting and onboarding that fosters long-term relationships and continuing with convenient, role-based access to pay, benefits, and development information. Greenhouse Recruiting has developed an integration with Ultipro Onboarding that allows your organization to export hired candidates from Greenhouse to Ultipro Onboarding. In this article, we will cover:
Set Up the Integration
Before beginning the setup process, please open a case in the UltiPro Customer Success Portal and request that the Greenhouse integration be applied to your UltiPro Onboarding environment. Step 12 of this guide will be unavailable until this setup has been completed by the UltiPro team.
In UltiPro® Core
1. Have an Admin log into UltiPro Core. At the top menu, click the System Configuration tab and select Service Account Administration.
2. At the top of the resulting page, click the + button to add a new service account.
3. On the next page, add a Username, and Email Address for the service account.
Note: The password will be auto-generated after the new service account is saved.
Remember the Username and Password, as they will be added to Greenhouse Recruiting.
4. On the permissions grid, ensure that View is selected for Company Configuration Integration and Personnel Integration and save the new Service Account.
5. On the previous page, record the Customer API Key from the top of the page. This value will also be added to Greenhouse Recruiting.
6. At the top of the page, select Web Services, which should be one tab to the left of the current tab. On the resulting page, you should see a list of many different URLs that all start the same way. You’ll need to record the first part of this url (ex. Service2.ultipro.com), as this value will also be added to Greenhouse Recruiting. Note: do not include http:// when pasting the value into Greenhouse Recruiting.
7. Back on the main menu, click the System Configuration tab again and select Role Administration.
8. On the resulting page, search for Onboarding Owner from the list and click on its description.
9. In the resulting pop-up, copy and paste the URL from the top of the page. It should look something like this:
Look for the value after roleid!, which in this case is 130. This value will also be added to Greenhouse Recruiting.
In UltiPro Onboarding
10. Have an Admin log into UltiPro Onboarding and look at the URL for the page. It should look something like this:
The first value you need is the Onboarding Host, which in this case is the first part of the URL (services-onb.ultipro.com). Note: do not include https:// when pasting the value into Greenhouse Recruiting.
The second is the Tenant Alias, which is the second part of the URL (ET16SCUSG0251S).
11. Navigate to Integrations.
12. At the bottom of the page, enable the Greenhouse Software integration.
In Greenhouse Recruiting
13. Have a Job or Site Admin log in and navigate to the Integrations tab.
14. Search for UltiPro Onboarding or find it under the Onboarding category.
15. Click connect and enter the information from Ultipro:
- The Service Account Username from Step 3.
- The Service Account Password from Step 3.
- The Service Account API Key from Step 5 (ex. A4R9NJ14).
- The Service Account Hostname from Step 6 (ex. Service2.ultipro.com).
- The RoleID from Step 9 (ex. 130).
- The Tenant Alias from Step 10 (ex. ET16SCUSG0251S).
- The Onboarding Host from Step 10 (ex. services-onb.ultipro.com).
Export Candidates to UltiPro Onboarding
After configuring the integration, a new checkbox for Export to UltiPro Onboarding will appear (and be checked by default) each time a user marks a candidate as hired. Enabling the checkbox will display several different fields that must be selected before exporting a new hire to UltiPro Onboarding.
Once the candidate is exported, a note on the profile will specify the time and the user who took the action for future reference.
If a user decides not to export while marking the candidate as hired, a button will appear on the profile prompting users to Export to UltiPro Onboarding. Clicking this button will once again bring up the options for Onboarding Owner and Job Code so it can be included in the export.
The integration exports the following fields from Greenhouse Recruiting:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number(s)
- Hire Date
- Start Date
- Onboarding Owner
- Component Company
- Work Location