Greenhouse and SkillSurvey have created an integration so that you can seamlessly use the two products together to add automated reference checking to your interview pipeline.
SkillSurvey Implementation Plan
To implement the integration, you will:
- Contact SkillSurvey (SKS) to request the integration.
- Contact your Customer Relationship Director (CRD) or
- Email email@example.com
- Participate in a kickoff call with SKS. The call includes:
- A review of the integration
- The requirements needed to set up the integration
- The integration implementation steps and timeline
- SKS will email Greenhouse support requesting the integration for your SKS UAT (test) account.
- Greenhouse Support will respond with a SendSafely link for SKS to submit the UAT credentials and URL
- Greenhouse Support will email SKS confirming that the configuration has been set up in your SKS UAT account.
- SKS will work with you to add the SkillSurvey stage, generate the Harvest API Key, and initiate a test candidate
- As candidates enter the SkillSurvey stage, will initiate the Reference process through Greenhouse.
- Once candidates submit their test, a link to the results will be accessible through the Interview Kit in Greenhouse.
- Conduct user testing with your team
- When ready to go live, SKS will email Greenhouse Support to request the integration configuration for your SKS production account.
- Greenhouse Support will respond with a SendSafely link for SKS to submit the production credentials and URL
- Greenhouse Support will email SKS confirming that the configuration has been setup in your SKS production account and your integration is ready for go live.
- SKS will work with you to add the SkillSurvey stage to your Interview Plan.
Generate the SkillSurvey Harvest API Key
To create a Harvest API key:
- The Greenhouse user will go to their Configure tab
- Select Dev Center > API Credential Management
- Click Create New API Key to generate the API key for SkillSurvey
- The Greenhouse user will be able to select which permissions they would like to allow the partner to access
- Select the following endpoints SkillSurvey will need for the integration
- Applications, GET: Retrieve Application
- Candidates, GET: Retrieve Candidate
- Jobs, GET: Retrieve Job
- Users, GET: Retrieve Users
- Select Update and provide the API key number to SkillSurvey using a secure file transfer method.
Adding the SkillSurvey Interview Stage
To add the stage to your Interview Plan:
- Navigate to a specific job, and click the Job Setup tab
- Click Interview Plan
- Scroll down the page, and click the green + Add Stage button
- Select SkillSurvey Assessment, and click the Add button
Configuring the SkillSurvey Stage on a Job
Once the stage has been added, click Edit Take Home Test. From there, you will see a drop-down menu that reflects the assessments (surveys). Select the appropriate assessment (survey) and then click Save.
Adding SkillSurvey user to a Candidate
An active SkillSurvey user needs to be assigned to the Greenhouse Candidate that will be set into the SkillSurvey Interview stage. SkillSurvey uses the email address listed under the ‘Who’s responsible for this candidate?’ to assign the Candidate to a Recruiter in SkillSurvey. This user will receive all SkillSurvey email notifications.
Initiate the SkillSurvey Integration
Select the Send Test link from the SkillSurvey stage to trigger the integration from Greenhouse to SkillSurvey
The Greenhouse user has an additional opportunity to modify the survey selected for the Candidate to send to their references.
View Status Results
Greenhouse checks for status updates sent from SkillSurvey every hour. Once the minimum amount of SkillSurvey references have responded, a link to create and view the SkillSurvey Candidate Feedback Report is sent to Greenhouse to be selected by the Recruiter.
- The Greenhouse user will select the Scorecard link, then the SkillSurvey icon
- The Greenhouse user will select the View Report link to create and view the SkillSurvey Candidate Feedback Report
The Greenhouse user can download, print or email the Candidate Feedback Report.