Greenhouse and Empirical Hire have created an integration so that you can seamlessly use the two products together to add an assessment to your interview pipeline.
To implement the integration, you will:
- Contact Empirical Hire to request your API key.
- Fill out the form at www.greenhouse.io/asksupport or click here to open a ticket. Please do not send the API key in this initial email.
- The Greenhouse Support Team will respond with a SendSafely link for you to enter your API key into (How does SendSafely work?), which will notify Greenhouse Support once the API key has been entered.
- Greenhouse Support will then email you back confirming that your API key has been setup in your account and your integration is ready to go.
- Add a special Empirical Hire stage to your interview pipeline.
- As candidates enter that stage, send the Empirical Hire assessment through Greenhouse.
- Once candidates submit their test, a link to the results will be accessible through the Interview Kit in Greenhouse.
Adding the Empirical Hire Interview Stage
In order to access the Empirical Hire assessment from Greenhouse, you will have to add it to the Interview Plan of each job position where it’s required. To add the stage to your Interview Plan:
- Navigate to a specific job, and click the Job Setup tab
- Click Interview Plan
- Scroll down the page, and click the Add Stage button
- Select Empirical Hire
- Click the Add button
Configuring the Stage
Once the stage has been added, you will see it at the bottom of the list of stages. Drag it to the appropriate position (commonly, immediately after the Application Review stage) using the drag icon on the left.
Next, click Edit to configure it.
In the dropdown for Empirical Hire Test to send candidate select the assessment that’s applicable to the job position you’re configuring. Normally, this should have the same name as the position.
As the assessment is automatically graded by the Empirical Hire algorithm, do not make any changes under “Test Grading” except those detailed next.
Under ‘When the test is received, send notification to:’, uncheck the checkbox for ‘Test Graders’.
At the bottom of the page, uncheck the option ‘This interview requires scorecards to be submitted’.
Configure other settings as you find appropriate and click Save.
Sending the Test
When candidates are moved into the Empirical Hire Interview stage, Greenhouse will display a Send Test link. Make sure the candidate’s phone number is correctly configured. When you click "Send Test" in Greenhouse, a dialog will be displayed allowing you to send a test through the Empirical Hire service.
Since the test will be sent using a text message (SMS), whatever is entered under ‘To’ is irrelevant.
Test – Make sure the correct assessment is selected in the ‘Test’ dropdown.
Who should grade it? – Greenhouse requires that you select a person to grade the test. As the test is actually graded automatically and does not require a grader you can just select yourself. If you’ve selected the settings detailed above for adding this stage to your Interview Plan, no notifications will be sent to the grader.
Once everything is correctly selected, click ‘Send Test’. Empirical Hire cloud server will automatically add a candidate in the Empirical Hire system and send a text message (SMS) to the candidate.
The status of the assessment will be viewable in Greenhouse:
- Send Test – You haven’t sent the assessment yet. Click this link to proceed.
- Sent, <time period> ago – Status after sending, before candidate completes assessment.
- Empirical Hire score: <number> - The candidate has completed the assessment and this was the score. In the candidate page in Greenhouse, you may check the Interview Prep tab, where you will find a link to View Report. This will redirect you to Empirical Hire in order to view the detailed report.
If you require assistance in the process, please contact your Empirical Hire customer success manager.