The following are the steps to enable a custom options sync with a Greenhouse field using a Workday RaaS. This integration will sync the list of options for a custom field in Greenhouse with the list of options from a corresponding field in Workday.
These instructions assume that the following steps are already complete:
- The Greenhouse field you want to sync with Workday option values has already been setup in Greenhouse (in Configure > Custom Options).
- The Workday RaaS has already been built. If not, please first review our guide on the expected report format at the bottom of this guide. You will need the URL of your Workday RaaS in order to complete the steps below.
2. Select Enter credentials at access Workday Tenants or reports. Enter the username and password for your RaaS in this form. Note that these usernames are usually in the format <username>@<tenant> in Workday.
3. Select Sync a Greenhouse custom field with a Workday Report-as-a-service option:
4. Fill out all configuration fields seen below and click Save.
- "Select custom field" - select the Greenhouse custom field that you'll be syncing the Workday options with
- "Select credentials" - enter the credentials from Step 2
- New/Existing Endpoint for RaaS URL - select an existing RaaS URL (if other fields have already been configured with this report), or enter a new RaaS URL. This URL would be provided by your Workday consultant or developer.
- "Fields containing Workday Internal ID" - enter the name of the element that contains the Workday Internal ID with the "wd:" prefix removed. This will not be displayed in Greenhouse and will only be communicated with data exports. In the example report below, you would enter "Supervisory_Organization_ID" into this field. If the field in your external report ends with "_ID", we will automatically detect this and pre-fill this field.
- "Fields containing human readable name" - enter the name of the report element that contains the readable name with the "wd:" prefix removed. This is what will actually be displayed as the Greenhouse options. In the example report below, you would enter "Super_Organization" in this field. If the field in your external report ends with _Name, we will automatically detect this and pre-fill this field.
Once saved, Greenhouse will attempt to sync the field immediately, and then will call the report every 30 minutes for updates. For information on how to check if the sync is working, check out our FAQ guide here.
Expected Format of the Report
Greenhouse expects the Report-as-a-service to be in SimpleXML format. The elements in the report can have any name, as long as the report is in this general format. For instance, the elements of the report are not required to be “Supervisory_Organization” and “Supervisory_Organization_ID” -- they can be anything as long as they are in this xml format.