A custom options sync with Workday integrations will synchronize the list of custom options in Greenhouse Recruiting with the corresponding fields in Workday. The steps below outline how to enable and run this sync with a Greenhouse Recruiting field using a Workday RaaS.
In this article:
In order to complete an RaaS-based custom options sync, the following steps must be taken:
- The Greenhouse Recruiting field you want to sync with Workday must already be set up in Greenhouse Recruiting (under Configure > Custom Options).
- The Workday RaaS must already have already been built. If the integration hasn't been built, review the formatting guide at the bottom of this page.
- You must have the Workday RaaS URL.
Configure the sync
To configure the sync, click Configure > Dev Center > then select Workday Administration.
Select Enter credentials at access Workday Tenants or reports. A new page will display.
Enter the username and password for your RaaS in this form. In Workday, these usernames are usually (though not always) in a <username> format rather than <username>@<tenant>.
Select Sync a Greenhouse custom field with a Workday Report-as-a-service.
Fill out all configuration fields below:
- Select custom field: The Greenhouse Recruiting custom field that you want to sync with Workday.
- Select credentials: The credentials for the Workday tenant that you entered to log in.
- New/Existing Endpoint for RaaS URL: Select or enter a RaaS URL. This URL can be provided by your Workday consultant or developer.
- Fields containing Workday Internal ID: The name of the element that contains the Workday Internal ID. Make sure to remove "wd:" from the option. This information will not be displayed in Greenhouse Recruiting and will only be used to communicate with data exports.
- For example, if your field is workday is Supervisory_Organization_ID and the field in your external report ends with _ID Greenhouse Recruiting will automatically detect this and pre-fill this field.
- Fields containing human-readable name: A field name that will be read by a user. When text is entered in this field, this name will actually be displayed in Greenhouse Recruiting.
- For example, for the Workday field Supervisory_Organization_ID, you could enter Supervisory_Organization in this field so it can be read by users.
Once complete, click Save.
Once saved, Greenhouse Recruiting will attempt to sync the field immediately, and check the report every 30 minutes for updates.
For information on checking the status of a sync, click here.
Expected report format
Greenhouse Recruiting expects the Report-as-a-service to be in SimpleXML format. The elements in the report can have any name, as long as the report is in this general format.
For instance, the elements of the report are not required to be "Supervisory_Organization" and "Supervisory_Organization_ID" — they can be anything as long as they are in this XML format.