Your hired candidates can be exported to Workday via a candidate hired web hook. To learn more about enabling this integration, click here: Export hired candidates to Workday.
Configure the candidate hired web hook
To configure a candidate hired web hook, click the Configure icon on your navigation bar, then select Dev Center on the left.
Click Web Hooks > Web Hooks.
Create a new web hook using the following details:
- Name: We recommend something easily identifiable to an end user, such as Workday candidate export.
- When: Candidate has been hired
- Endpoint URL: The Workday URL that will receive and transform the candidate data.
- Secret key: This can be set to any value. Greenhouse Recruiting combines the value set with the body of the web hook and uses the SHA256 algorithm to generate a signature header to include in the payload. When the web hook listener receives the web hook, the integration should compute the HMAC digest using the secret key and the body of the payload, then verify that Greenhouse sent the web hook by comparing the signature header that was previously generated with the signature header included in the web hook.
- Error recipient email: The address that receives an email notification if the web hook fails. There is no in-app notification if the web hook fails after the initial ping.
If your Workday endpoint requires additional Basic or OAuth authentication, click Advanced settings. You can enter additional web hook headers as required, and configure the number of retry attempts Greenhouse Recruiting should make if the web hook fails. The default number of retry attempts is 25. Click here to learn more about the web hook retry policy.
Click Create Web hook to complete the setup. Greenhouse then pings your endpoint. If the ping is accepted successfully, the endpoint is created. If the ping is unsuccessful, the configurations are saved, but the web hook is deactivated.
To edit the web hook setup, click the Edit icon to adjust the configuration. Once you've made the necessary changes, set the Disabled? option to No.
Click Update Web hook to try saving the web hook again. Repeat as needed until configurations are saved and the web hook is enabled.