By default, the Job Name & Info step of the job setup process includes the following fields:
If you'd like to collect additional information about jobs in a standardized format (e.g. "New Position or Backfill"), users with Site Admin permissions can add custom fields to jobs.
- Click Configure
- Click Custom Options
- Click Jobs
- Click either + Add Field or click the edit pencil next to an existing field
- Enter the name of the field
- Select the desired field type. Important note: it is not possible to update the field type of an existing field.
- If you'd like to be able to use the value of the field in email and offer letter templates, put a check in the box next to Create new email token
- If you'd like to restrict access to the field to only users with the "Can see private notes, salary info, manage offers, and approve jobs/offers" permission, put a check in the box next to Mark Private
- If you'd like to require that a field be completed before a user can proceed to the next step, put a check in the box next to Required
- If you have an approval workflow in place where jobs must be approved before they are open, and if you'd like to ensure that updates to the field post-approval require re-approval, put a check in the box next to Changes to this field require reapproval
- If you'd like to expose the field in the Job Board API, but a check in the box next to Expose in Job Board API
- Click Save
In addition to being able to view and manage these custom fields via Job Setup > Job Info, any custom fields that you add to jobs will be included in the "All Jobs Summary" report.