Job fields refer to the various bits of information that can be filled out for every job your organization creates and allows you to capture this data in a standardized format. By default, every new job will have the following job fields:
- Internal job name
- No. of openings
- Employment Type
In addition to the default job fields, your organization can create custom job fields to capture relevant information about jobs.
To create a custom job field, click the Configure icon in the upper right-hand corner and navigate to Custom Options on the left-hand panel.
Click Jobs from the Custom Options page.
Click + Add Field to add a new custom job field or hover over an existing custom job field and click to edit that custom job field.
From the subsequent dialog box, customize the new job field. Every custom job field requires a Field Name and Field Type.
Note: Once a custom job field is created, the Type field cannot be changed.
- To be able to use the value of the field in email and offer letter templates, put a check in the box next to Create new email token and input the token name in the provided field.
- To restrict access to the field to only users with the Can see private notes, salary info, manage offers, and approve jobs/offers permission, put a check in the box next to Mark Private
- To require that a field be completed before a user can proceed to the next step, put a check in the box next to Required.
- If you have an approval workflow in place where jobs must be approved before they are open, and if you would like to ensure that updates to the field post-approval require re-approval, put a check in the box next to Changes to this field require reapproval.
- To expose the field in the Job Board API, but a check in the box next to Expose in Job Board API
When finished, click Save
In addition to being able to view and manage these custom fields via Job Setup > Job Info, any custom fields that you add to jobs will be included in the All Jobs Summary report.