Greenhouse and eSkill are integrated, allowing you to seamlessly use the two products together to add an assessment to your interview pipeline.
1. Implementing the Integration
In order to set up the integration, follow these steps:
- Enable the integration.
- Add the eSkill Interview stage.
- Configure the Interview stage.
1.1 Enabling the Integration
- Contact eSkill to request your API Key.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to open a ticket. Please do not send the API key in this initial email.
- The Greenhouse Support Team will respond with a SendSafely link for you to enter your API key into (How does SendSafely work?), which will notify Greenhouse Support once the API key has been entered.
- Greenhouse Support will then email you back confirming that your API key has been setup in your account and your integration is ready to go.
1.2 Adding the eSkill Interview Stage
Once you have the integration configured, add the stage to your Interview Plan:
- Navigate to a specific job and click the Job Setup tab.
- Click Interview Plan.
- Scroll down the page and click the green + Add Stage button.
- Select eSkill and click the Add button.
1.3 Configuring the Stage
Once the stage has been added, click Edit Take Home Test. From there, you will see a drop-down menu that reflects the assessment you previously set up in eSkill.
Select the appropriate assessment, assign at least one Greenhouse user to grade/review the submitted assessment, and click Save.
Note: All configuration of the assessment itself, as well as the email template, will be handled in eSkill’s testing platform.
2. Using the Integration
The integration between Greenhouse and the eSkill application is designed to automate the testing stage of the hiring process. The integration is able to:
- Invite the candidate to take an eSkill assessment from the Greenhouse recruiting flow via email.
- View the eSkill assessment results in the Greenhouse interface.
2.1 Sending an Assessment
To invite the candidate to take an eSkill assessment from the Greenhouse recruiting flow via email, follow these steps:
- On the Candidates tab, click on the candidate’s name.
- Click on the Move Stage
- Click on the eSkill stage.
- Once the candidate has been moved into the eSkill Interview stage, Greenhouse will display a Send Test Next, click on Send Test.
- Click on Send Test
Note: Even though you click on Send Test in Greenhouse, the test instructions will be sent through eSkill.
The candidate will receive the following email:
Subject: Assessment Invitation - Test 1 for ABC Inc.
Once again, thank you for your application to ABC Inc.
As part of our commitment to quality in our employees, we require you to complete one or more hiring assessments: Test 1.
Please visit the following link:
The test will begin only after you have logged in and read the instructions.
Please complete all assessments at your earliest convenience to ensure that your application can be further considered by ABC Inc.
2.2 Viewing Results
Once candidates finish their assessments, the score will be available in Greenhouse and a link to view their test results in eSkill will be accessible through the Interview Kit in Greenhouse.
Note: It might take up to 1 hour before the results are available in Greenhouse.
Click the eSkill Interview Kit.
You will get a summary of the test and a link to the complete results page.
Clicking on the View Report page will open the full results page.
1. What happens if I send a test directly from my Test Center? Will the integration still work?
If you send a test directly from your Test Center, the integration won’t work because the information will not be sent to Greenhouse. You will only be able to see the results in your Test Center.
2. Do I need to add tests or update my tests in Greenhouse?
When a test is created in eSkill, it should be automatically added to Greenhouse. When a test is deleted, renamed, or deactivated, it will be automatically removed from the Assessments List.
3. Can I customize the email that goes to candidates?
The email can be customized. Please contact the eSkill Account Manager for instructions.
4. What is the meaning of the assessment status in the Greenhouse interface?
Each assessment viewable in Greenhouse will have one of the following statuses:
- Take Home Test to be sent – The candidate is in the eSkill stage, but the test hasn’t been sent yet.
- Waiting for candidate to submit test – The test has been sent to the candidate.
- Scorecard due from <DESIGNATED_GRADER> — The test results have been recorded and are available in Greenhouse.
5. What should I do if I have a technical issue?
For an eSkill-related issue (test not sent, results not available, issue while taking the test, etc.), please send an email to email@example.com.
For questions or technical issues related to a functionality in Greenhouse, please contact the Greenhouse technical team.
For more on the integration, please view this video: