Steps for Integrating Greenhouse with Crowded
- Login to your Greenhouse account
- Click on “Configure” on the upper navigation menu, then click on “Dev Center” on left navigation menu
- Click on “API Credential management” in the list to the right
- In the “Harvest API” section:
- create new api key
- Enter into the description field “Crowded Integration”
- Select “Type: Harvest”
- Click “Create”
- Click “Manage Permissions”
- Ensure the following options are checked:
- Click Update
- Copy the “Harvest API” key you just made (you will need this in an upcoming step).
- Go back to “Configure”
- Click “Custom Options”, then click on “Candidates”
- Click “Add field” and input the following info:
IMPORTANT: Please follow these next steps closely, as changes cannot be made after its set.
- In “Field”, enter (exactly as shown): “crowded” (without quotes, all lowercase)
- In “Description” enter: “Crowded Custom Fields”
- For “Type”, select: “Long Textbox”
- Click Save
- Visit https://hire.crowded.com/login
- Login with your Crowded Account
- Click on “Settings”, then scroll to the bottom and click “Integration”
- Select “Greenhouse”
- Paste the Greenhouse API Key into the “API Key” field
- Click “Add API key”
- A pop up will show up confirming which Greenhouse account you’d like to use (only if your Greenhouse email is different from your Crowded email, otherwise you can disregard this point)
- Check or uncheck Auto Push (User preference) candidates button then click the integrate button. With Auto Push selected, anytime you invite a candidate to chat his/her info will be added to your Greenhouse account with basic info (First Name, Last Initial, Bio). Once the candidate has accepted your chat request, the rest of their details, including work experience, skills, etc will be synced into your Greenhouse account.
- Click Update!
Congratulations, you have successfully integrated Greenhouse with Crowded! In the following section we’ll show you how to use these new features.
- Candidates not currently pushed to Greenhouse are indicated by ‘green’ Greenhouse on their profile.
- You can push candidate information into Greenhouse prior to chatting. Please note, prior to the candidate accepting a chat invite, no contact information will be pushed. In the future, if you invite the candidate to chat and they accept, we will automatically push their contact information
NOTE: If a candidate is pushed to Greenhouse before they’ve accepted your chat invite, you won't be able to see the candidate's full name.
- Candidates who have accepted chat invites are pushed to Greenhouse with contact information. This is noted by a checkmark to the right of the Greenhouse button on the candidate profile
Example of how a candidate will look in your Greenhouse account prior to accepting the chat request invite:
Example of how a candidate will look in your Greenhouse account when the chat request invite has been accepted:
This concludes the integration and usage steps for Greenhouse + Crowded.
Please contact Jamie Sogn, email@example.com, for any questions and feedback.