The Expensify integration allows you to automatically send candidates from Greenhouse to Expensify for easy reimbursement of out of pocket expenses. To link your accounts, log into Expensify.com as a Policy Admin to get started. Just follow the below steps to link your accounts!
--Establishing and configuring the integration--
Part 1 - In Expensify
- Log into Expensify as a Policy admin
- Navigate to Admin > Policies > [your policy] > Connections > Greenhouse. Choose Connect to Greenhouse and click Sync with Greenhouse
- A new page will open. Using the endpoint url and a secret key shown here, follow the instructions on this page to finish connecting with Greenhouse.
Part 2 - In Greenhouse (only required if you don’t have Site Admin Permissions in Greenhouse)
- Ask a Site Admin with Advanced permissions to log into Greenhouse
- Have them select Configure > Users > Your Name
- At the bottom of the page, under Developer permissions, select Can manage and configure web hooks
- Repeat for anyone else that should have access
Part 3 - Create the Web hook
- Now that you have the correct permissions, log into your Greenhouse account
- Select Configure > Dev Center > Web Hooks > Web Hooks
- You'll land on a page called Create a New Web Hook
- Name your Webhook — we suggest Expensify Integration
- Input the Endpoint URL and Secret Key shown on the Expensify configuration page, then make sure the Web hook type is Candidate or prospect updated.
- Press Create Web Hook.
Part 4 - Create the custom candidate field
- In Greenhouse, select Configure > Custom Options > Custom Company Fields > Candidates
- Click Add Field at the top of the page
- Name field “Invite to Expensify” and select type “Yes/No”
- Click Save
That's it! Your Greenhouse account and Expensify account can now talk to each other.
--Using the integration--
- Log into Greenhouse and go to any candidate’s Details tab
- Make sure the Email field is filled in and optionally , select the Recruiter field
- To send this candidate to Expensify, toggle the Invite to Expensify field to Yes and click Save
- Navigate to Admin > Policies > [your policy] > People
- The candidate you just sent to Expensify will be listed here
- If the Recruiter field was filled in in Greenhouse, the candidate will already be configured to submit reports to that recruiter
The Candidate will be guided through how to set up their Expensify account and submit their receipts for reimbursement. You’re work here is done!
If you run into any trouble establishing or using the integration, please first visit our Greenhouse ExpensifyDocs page by going to https://docs.expensify.com/ and searching for Greenhouse. If you still need assistance or have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or use our in-app messenger.