Permissions: Job Admin and above who can create, edit, and delete job posts
Product tier: Available for all subscription tiers
Pay transparency rules are created by your Site Admin. When you select a rule during the job post configuration, then the required pay range fields appear.
Note: Consult with your legal team if you have questions about local pay transparency laws and how it affects your organization.
Add pay transparency to a job post
Navigate to the Post Details section and select a rule(s) from the pay transparency dropdown.
Key points to keep in mind:
- The dropdown is unavailable if a rule hasn't been created yet
- Rules pre-populate if your Site Admin configured the rule to auto-fill for this office. Click the X next to any rules that don't apply
- Select N/A if pay transparency isn't required for this job post
- Refer to the Troubleshooting guide if you receive an error once selecting a rule
Next, scroll down to the pay transparency section. The description and title are configured by the Site Admin and can't be modified on this page.
Select the currency from the dropdown and enter a pay range. This information may be pre-filled if your Site Admin linked the rule to a custom field.
Navigate to the Post Description section and remove any pay details that were manually added as needed.
When done, scroll to the bottom of the page and click preview to see how the job post appears for candidates.
Click Save to finalize your changes.
Rule synced to custom field with empty pay range
You'll receive an error message when you select a rule that's linked to a custom field with an empty pay range. Since your Site Admin marked this rule as uneditable on the job post, you'll need to update the pay range from the job itself.
Note: The following troubleshooting can only be completed by Job Admins who can edit job info.
Follow these instructions to add a pay range to your job post:
- Open a new tab (to avoid losing your existing job post edits)
- Navigate to Greenhouse Recruiting > Job > Job Setup > Job Info or navigate to the job using your integration
- Add the pay range to the custom field
- Save your changes
- Return to the job post tab from your browser
- Click the X next to the rule and re-select it from the dropdown
The pay range added to the job is now synced with the pay transparency rule on the job post.
Finish completing the section, Add pay transparency to a job post.
Rule no longer syncs with updates to custom field values
When your Site Admin links the rule to a custom field, any updates to the custom field values also sync with the pay range on the job post.
However, the rule stops syncing with the custom field when you manually change the pay range on the job post.
Follow these steps to reset the link:
- Navigate to the job post
- Click the X next to the rule linked to the custom field and re-select it from the dropdown
- Save the job post
The connection between the rule and the custom field is now restored.