Emptor provides quick and reliable identity verification and background checks with its automated platform. Greenhouse Recruiting's integration with Emptor provides automated background checks screenings focused in Latin America.
Configure user setup permissions in Greenhouse Recruiting
In order to enable the Greenhouse/Emptor integration, you will need the developer permission Can manage ALL organization's API Credentials.
Contact a Greenhouse user in your organization with Site Admin level permissions with the additional user-specific permission Can edit another user's advanced permissions to apply the API credential management permission to your account. Have the user with Site Admin level permissions edit your user account's permissions by navigating to the Configure icon > Users > Your Name.
The user with Site Admin level permissions should navigate to the User-Specific Permissions panel on your user page and expand the Developer Permissions dropdown.
Select Can manage ALL organization's API Credentials so that a check is in the checkbox. When finished, click Save.
Repeat as necessary for any other user that should have access to set up the integration.
Create a Harvest API Key for the Greenhouse Recruiting / Emptor integration
To create a Harvest API key for the integration, click on the Configure icon on your navigation bar, and select Dev Center on the left.
From the Dev Center page, click API Credential Management.
From the API Credential Management page, click Create New API Key to generate the API key for Emptor.
In the Create New Credential dialog box, make the following selections:
- API Type: Harvest
- Partner: Emptor
- Description: Emptor Harvest API Key
When finished, click Manage Permissions to generate the Harvest API key and automatically assign it the appropriate permissions required by Emptor.
In the subsequent dialog box, click Copy to save your API key to your clipboard. Store the API key in a secure location to provide to Emptor in the next step. Click I have stored the API Key once you have copied and saved the key.
On the subsequent page, confirm the following permissions are assigned to your new API key:
- GET: Retrieve Application
- GET: List Applications
- POST: Advance Application
- GET: Retrieve Candidate
- GET: List Candidates
- PATCH: Edit Candidate
- POST: Add Note
- GET: List tags applied to candidate
- GET: List candidate tags
- POST: Add New Candidate Tags
- PUT: Add a candidate tag
- GET: Retrieve User
- GET: List Users
- GET: Retrieve Job Stage
- GET: List Job Stages
- GET: List Job Stages for Job
- GET: Get custom fields
- POST: Create custom field
- DELETE: Delete custom field
- PATCH: Update custom field
Custom Field Options
- GET: Get custom field options
- POST: Create custom field options
- DELETE: Remove custom field options
- PATCH: Update custom field options
If any of the permissions above are not checked, place a check in the box next to the appropriate permission. Click Save when finished.
Your Harvest API key for the Greenhouse/Emptor integration is created and configured. Provide your Harvest API key to your Emptor onboarding team so they can set up the integration. For more information you can see the Emptor setup video here.
Get access to the Emptor's background check API and onboarding
You will need access to Emptor's Background Check API. If you are not already an Emptor customer, please visit our website at www.emptor.io to sign up, or contact our sales team for more information at email@example.com.
The Emptor onboarding team will start the onboarding process which will create all the necessary custom fields, and provide you with the web hook credentials to send the information from Greenhouse to Emptor's Background Check API.
For certain tasks, Emptor's Greenhouse integration must act on behalf of a user account in your Greenhouse organization. This is for your organization's logging and auditing purposes only in Greenhouse API, we will never use this account to login or directly access your organization's Greenhouse control panel in any way, and the password for this account should never be given to Emptor personnel. We sometimes refer to this as a "bot account", because it will only be used by the automated system that connects Emptor's Background Check API to your Greenhouse organization.
Create a web hook in Greenhouse Recruiting
Once your Emptor Greenhouse Integration Onboarding has been fulfilled, you will be given Emptor's Greenhouse Web Hook URL and Secret Key, which will allow you to fully complete and enable your Emptor integration.
To finish setup, create a web hook in Greenhouse Recruiting by clicking the Configure icon on your navigation bar.
Click Dev Center on the left.
Next, click Web Hooks. Then click Web Hooks again.
On the Create a New Web Hook page, enter the following details:
- Name this web hook: Emptor integration
- When: Candidate has changed stage
- Endpoint URL: Enter the Emptor web hook URL provided to you by the Emptor Customer Success team.
- Secret key: Enter the Emptor Web Hook Secret Key provided to you by the Emptor Customer Success team.
- Error recipient email: Enter the Greenhouse error email address provided to you by Emptor's Customer Success team to automatically receive technical support from Emptor if an error occurs, without needing to contact us manually. This can also point to an internal email address if preferred, but we do not recommend leaving it blank.
- Advanced Settings: "Additional HTTP Headers" is required for Emptor's Web Hook API. Copy and paste the text provided for this field, exactly as it appears in the onboarding instructions from Emptor, starting with "x-api-key:" Set Maximum Attempts to 5.
- Disabled: No.
For more information on setting up this web hook, check out Emptor's setup video here.
How to use the Emptor integration with Greenhouse Recruiting
Emptor's Greenhouse integration automates background checks in one country of your choice, which will be selected during the onboarding process. A list of available countries and reports can be found on our website at Emptor.io.
- Set the Document ID of the person in the custom field in the Details tab.
- Once the candidate is moved to the “Background Check” stage, Emptor will start the background check process.
- Emptor will populate custom fields with the background check status and results as that information becomes available.
- Emptor Country: Country code for Emptor Background Check requests
- Emptor Report Requests: List of Emptor Background Check reports to perform for this person
- Emptor Folder Status: Folder Status
- Emptor System Status: Status of this person's Emptor Background Check request.
- Emptor ID: The ID for this person's report records in Emptor's Background Check system.
- Emptor Report Details: Details of all Emptor Background Check reports successfully performed for this person.
- Emptor System Timestamp: Timestamp of last attempted operation on Emptor Background Check API. Used for debugging and technical support.
- Emptor System Message: Detailed system status message from last attempted operation on Emptor Background Check API. Used for debugging and technical support
- Emptor will advance the candidate to the next stage if the Emptor Folder Status is PASSED, indicating a successful background check. Otherwise, the candidate will remain in the same stage.
For more information on how the integration works, check out Emptor's video here.
Errors will be displayed in the Emptor System Message custom field under the candidate's Details tab in Greenhouse Recruiting.
For additional information or troubleshooting not covered here, reach out to Emptor support at firstname.lastname@example.org.