team5’s “flight simulator” for cybersecurity hiring helps companies build talented, diverse security teams by focusing on what candidates can do and how they think instead of resumes.
Greenhouse Recruiting's integration with team5 allows you to seamlessly add team5’s assessment to a job's interview plan. In this article, we will cover how to:
- Enable the Greenhouse/team5 Integration
- Add and Configure the team5 Stage to a Job’s Interview Plan
- Send a team5 Test to a Candidate
- Review Test Results
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for troubleshooting assistance regarding this integration.
Enable the Greenhouse/team5 Integration
- To start, contact your team5 representative (email@example.com) to receive your API key. Once you have received your API key, click here to open a ticket with Greenhouse.
Note: Do not send the API key in this initial email. API Keys allow access to sensitive data and must be kept secret. If an API Key is shared in an email and your email is intercepted by a malicious third party or your email account is hacked, the hacker would be able to view and access your API Key. For this reason, we require API Keys to be shared securely using SendSafely, Greenhouse’s secure data transfer platform.
- The Greenhouse Support Team will respond with a SendSafely link for you to enter your API key. A notification will be sent to the Greenhouse Support Team after you have entered your API key and they will email you to confirm that your API key has been set up in your account and your integration is enabled.
Add and Configure the team5 Stage to a Job’s Interview Plan
Once the Greenhouse/team5 integration is enabled for your organization, you will be able to add the team5 assessment as an Interview stage.
- To do this for an existing job, navigate to a job (All Jobs>Job Name) and click Job Setup from the Job navigation bar.
- From the Job Setup page, navigate to Interview Plan on the left-hand panel. Scroll down the page and click + Add a Stage.
- From the Add Stage dialog box, select the team5 stage.
- Click Add to apply the stage to the job's interview plan.
- Once the team5 stage has been added to the job's interview plan, click Edit in the team5 row of the Interview Plan to configure the team5 stage.
- You will now be on the Edit Interview Kit page. Scroll down to the Grading Instructions section and copy and paste the following text into the text editor:
team5 Assignment Library: https://airtable.com/shrlW7j81KRzjympK
Password: [will be provided by team5]
- Then, scroll down to the Additional Settings section and uncheck This interview requires scorecards to be submitted.
- Finally, click Save.
Send a team5 Test to a Candidate
- When a candidate is moved into the team5 interview stage, Greenhouse will display a Send Test link. Click Send Test.
- In the Send Test dialog box, select the team5 test that you want to assign to the candidate from the Test dropdown menu.
If you are unsure of which test to select, you can view details on each of team5’s tests, including the subject matter, level of difficulty, and setup of the test scenarios at team5’s Assignment Library.
- To access the team5 Assignment Library, click Cancel in the Send Test dialog box to close it, and then click the Interview Kit on the candidate’s page.
- On the Interview Kit page, click the link next to team5 Assignment Library.
- The Library will open in a new browser tab. Enter the password from the Greenhouse Interview Kit page. You will then be able to view the team5 Assignment Library. Each card contains information on one of team5’s tests. Click the cards to expand and scroll through them.
- Once you are done with the Library, go back to Greenhouse and click the candidate’s name on the far right-hand side of the Interview Kit page to return to the candidate’s page.
- Once back on the candidate’s page, click Send Test again and, in the Send Test dialog box, select a test from the Test drop down menu. (See screenshots above.)
- Next, select an appropriate individual from the Who should grade it? dropdown menu. team5 will actually grade the test that the candidate takes and send the results to you in Greenhouse. Still, because Greenhouse requires designating a grader from your company, you must make a selection.
- Once you are finished, click Send Test.
Note: When you send a test from Greenhouse, information regarding the test is actually communicated to the candidate by team5 via email.
- Once sent, the status of the test will be viewable on the candidate’s page in Greenhouse.
Review Test Results
Once the candidate completes the test they have been assigned, team5 will evaluate the candidate’s performance and make our findings available to you in Greenhouse.
- When team5’s evaluation and assessment report are complete, the test score will be added to the candidate’s page.
- To access team5’s assessment report, click on the Interview Kit.
- On the Interview Kit page, click View Report. The team5 assessment report will open in a new browser tab.