Note: The Accurate Background integration replaced the CareerBuilder Employment Screening integration in October 2020. Organizations who previously enabled the CareerBuilder Employment Screening integration were required to update the endpoint URL for the integration web hook to a new URL — https://atsservices.accurate.com/atsservices/v1/Greenhouse — by October 31. No other changes are required.
Accurate Background provides background screening, drug testing, I-9 and occupational health services to help employers gain confidence in matching the right candidate to the right position at the right time.
Greenhouse Recruiting’s integration with Accurate allows your organization to add an Accurate background check to a job's interview pipeline. In this article, we will cover how to:
- Configure User Setup Permissions in Greenhouse Recruiting
- Create Harvest API Key for Greenhouse/Accurate Integration
- Create Web Hook for Greenhouse/Accurate
- Configure Candidate Custom Field
- Place Order
Configure User Setup Permissions in Greenhouse Recruiting
In order to enable the Greenhouse/Accurate integration, you will need the developer permissions:
- Can manage ALL organization’s API Credentials
- Can manage and configure web hooks
Contact a Greenhouse user in your organization with Site Admin level permissions with the additional user-specific permission Can edit another user's advanced permissions to apply the API credential management permission to your account. Have the user with Site Admin level permissions edit your user account's permissions by navigating to the Configure icon > Users > Your Name.
The user with Site Admin level permissions should navigate to the Permissions panel on your user page and expand the Developer Permissions dropdown menu.
Select Can manage ALL organization’s API Credentials and Can manage and configure web hooks so that a check is in the checkboxes. When finished, click Save.
Create a Harvest API Key for the Greenhouse/Accurate Integration
To create a Harvest API key for the integration, click on the Configure icon in the upper right-hand corner. Navigate to Dev Center on the left-hand panel.
From the Dev Center page, click API Credential Management.
From the API Credential Management page, click Create New API Key to generate the API key for Accurate.
From the Create new credential dialog box, name your API key Accurate and select Harvest from the Type dropdown menu. When finished, click Create.
On the Manage API Key Permissions page, expand the Candidate section and select POST: Add Note.
When finished, click Update.
Your Harvest API key for the Greenhouse/Accurate integration is created and configured. Provide your Harvest API key to your Accurate Account Manager so they can set up the integration.
Create Web Hook for Greenhouse/Accurate
Click the Configure icon in the upper right-hand corner and navigate to Dev Center on the left-hand panel.
From the Dev Center page, click Web Hooks. Click Web Hooks from the subsequent page.
You will be directed to a new page where you Create a New Web Hook. From this page provide the following details:
- Name: Send to Accurate
- When: Candidate has been hired
- Endpoint URL: https://atsservices.accurate.com/atsservices/v1/Greenhouse
- Secret Key: Greenhouse
- Error recipient email: (leave blank)
- Disabled: No
When finished, click Create Web hook.
Configure Candidate Custom Field
Note: Candidate custom fields can only be configured by either users with the Site Admin permission level, or Job Admin permission level with the additional user-specific permission to Can manage custom fields.
Custom candidate fields are used to store location information, package information and client codes.
Click on the Configure icon in the upper right-hand corner and navigate to Custom Options on the left-hand panel.
Click Candidates under Company Custom Fields.
Click + Add Field.
You will need to create 3 different candidate custom fields:
Once you have finished creating one candidate custom field, click + Add Field to create the subsequent custom fields:
To place an Accurate order, navigate to the candidate's profile and click the Details tab. Confirm the following information is complete:
- Candidate Email Address
- CBES Location
- CBES Package[c]
- Client Code(s) (Optional; Max of 4)
- Note: If the recruiter email address is not a valid user in the Accurate Platform the order will fail
Next, click the On Job tab and navigate to Offer Details on the left-hand side.
Click Mark Candidate as Hired.
Fill in the necessary fields from the Offer Accepted dialog box. Click Save.
Statuses will post back to the candidate’s Activity Feed tab.
The status will say SUCCESS when Accurate first receives the order from Greenhouse.
For more information on the configuration, packages and locations contact your Accurate Account Manager.
The following set of slides displays the candidate’s user experience on the AccurateAce Platform.
- Once the invitation email has been received, the candidate clicks the link, which redirects to Accurate’s “Candidate” Interface
- The candidate logs into AccurateAce by using the credentials provided via email
These images display the candidate’s user experience on the AccurateAce Platform.
“In Progress” & “Complete” Statuses with Result URLs
- Subsequent statuses will update into the candidate’s Activity Feed tab as the order progresses through AccurateAce
- “In Progress” will post when the invitation is completed by the candidate and the order is being worked on in AccurateAce. This is accompanied by a ResultURL to view the order in AccurateAce as it is being worked on.
- “Complete” will post when the order is completed in AccurateAce and is ready to view. This status will be accompanied by either a “Clear” or “Review” adjudication with a ResultURL to view the completed order results.