Enabling CodeLive in your Greenhouse account will help your Recruiters set up and schedule technical interviews via CodeLive. Using the integration your Recruiters are able to generate a CodeLive interview room link for the candidate, and then notify both the candidate and the interviewer/s about the time, date, and connection details for the interview.
To enable this integration, you will need to be an Admin user of both your Codility and Greenhouse accounts.
- First you need to log into Greenhouse to collect your Harvest API Key and your Greenhouse User ID.
- To access your Harvest API key: Go to Settings > Dev Center > API Credential Management. Click Create New API Key, and choose the Harvest API type:
- On the Manage API Key Permissions page, select the following endpoints:
- Candidates- POST: Add note
- Users- GET: Retrieve user
- When finished, click Update.
- To access your User ID: Go to Settings > Users > Export to Excel. Find your default User ID in the exported file
- Now log into Codility, and navigate to My Account > Integrations. Scroll down the list of integrations, find Greenhouse - CodeLive on the list, and click Enable.
- In the window that appears, copy the Webhook secret key and Webhook header identity. Save these somewhere where you can access them momentarily.
- Then, paste your Harvest API Key and Greenhouse User ID and click Save.
- In Greenhouse, go to Settings > Dev Center > Web Hooks and create a new Webhook that will trigger CodeLive. You would need to:
- Name the webhook; we recommend naming it CodeLive
- When the webhook will be triggered; choose “Candidate has changed stage”.
- The endpoint URL; please paste https://app.codility.com/integrations/greenhouse/webhook/
- Your Webhook secret key from Codility; paste the Webhook secret key that you saved from Codility
- Then, click Advanced settings and in the Additional HTTP Headers please provide the Codility Webhook header identity that you saved from Codility along with "codility-identity:":
- Click Create Webhook.
Congratulations! You have successfully integrated CodeLive with your Greenhouse account. If you have any problems completing these steps, please contact email@example.com.
Setting up CodeLive as a stage
Once everything is configured, you need to set up CodeLive as a stage in your job. To do that,. Go to All Jobs, find the relevant posting and click its name. In the bottom right corner, find Interview plan and click it.
Click Add a Stage and add CodeLive Tech Interview as a new stage. Please note that you can name it to your liking, but for integration to be recognised the name of the stage should include CodeLive in the name.
Inviting a candidate for a CodeLive interview
Find the necessary candidate and move them to the CodeLive stage that you have set up.
CodeLive link will be generated, in the meantime you can request candidate’s availability through Request Availability feature. Please note that the integration allows to create only CodeLive interviews in the Whiteboard mode.
Once you have the confirmation from your candidate about the time slot, you can copy the CodeLive link and click Schedule Interview. After choosing the right date and time, you can provide the CodeLive link as Location and open the invite in Google Calendar to send it to your colleagues and the candidate.
Reviewing Candidates' Test Results:
If you have the CodeLive integration enabled, Codility allows you to assign a Reviewer to your Codility test. In this case, you will be able to see their feedback in Greenhouse in Last note and Activity feed:
If you assign a new Reviewer and they decide to override previous scores, you can also track this in the Activity feed in Greenhouse:
NOTE: We recommend having your technical reviewers use only Codility as developers with anonymized access and not adding them to your ATS. This will allow your reviewers to see only the candidate's code and not know any of their personal information which can help eliminate bias in the hiring process. You can see more info on our anti-bias features here.