The Handshake <> Greenhouse Integration will delight your team (and early talent!) by:
- Providing early talent with a streamlined applicant experience by letting them apply on Handshake
- Completing your hiring activities in one system by reviewing applicant information that comes from Handshake all in Greenhouse
- Keeping up-to-date on how your applicants are moving through the process within Handshake
In this article, we will cover:
- Handshake Access
- How to Set Up the Integration
- Employer Job Creation
- Student Application Process
- Application Status Syncing
- Available to Handshake Premium customers on the Handshake Enterprise pricing tier.
- Only Employer Owners can configure the Greenhouse Integration with Handshake.
- If you don’t see the “ATS Integration” section pictured below, please contact Handshake support.
Integration Set Up
How to enable the integration between Handshake and Greenhouse.
Initiate the integration.
- In Handshake, navigate to Company Settings.
- Click ATS Integration.
- Click Integrate with Greenhouse.
Enter your Greenhouse credentials.
- Enter the email for your Greenhouse user account.
- Enter the password for your Greenhouse user account.
Note: If you’re using SSO (single sign-on) with Greenhouse, you still have access to a password. When in doubt, use Greenhouse's "reset password" flow to grab it!
View the integration confirmation (and disconnect at any time).
- After entering your Greenhouse credentials, you’ll see a green confirmation alert.
- Return to this page if you need to disconnect the integration at any time
Employer Job Creation
How your team will link their jobs from Handshake to Greenhouse.
Link the Greenhouse job to Handshake.
- Create a new Handshake job, or edit an existing job (that doesn’t have applications yet).
- Select the job you’d like to link to from Greenhouse.
- Existing jobs that already have applicants will not be able to link to Greenhouse. If you’d like to sync applications for an existing job, please expire it and start fresh.
Decide whether to require a resume.
- Optionally include a resume as a part of the student application process
Post Your Handshake job to Schools.
- Fill out the rest of the job details.
- Choose the schools to post the job to.
- You’re done! For more information on the job posting process in Handshake, please see “How to Post a Job” in the Handshake Help Center.
Student Application Process
How students will view and apply to jobs linked to Greenhouse.
Student job discovery.
- Students will browse and discover your jobs normally in Handshake.
- For more information on how students find jobs on Handshake, please see “How to Search for Jobs & Internships” in the Handshake Help Center.
Student application flow.
- Once students find your job, they will click to apply for it in Handshake.
- If you’ve included a resume requirement, the student will attach their resume along with their application.
- Once they’ve attached a resume, the student will click Submit, and they’re done! Their application will appear in Greenhouse automatically (within a few minutes).
Review Applications in Greenhouse
Review Handshake applications in Greenhouse.
- After a student has applied in Handshake to a linked job, their application will appear automatically in Greenhouse with their first name, last name, and email address.
- You’ll see the candidate's "Source" listed as Handshake.
- You'll also see the candidate’s resume attached (if required for the application process).
Application Status Syncing
View hiring data from Greenhouse in Handshake.
Handshake has two-way application status syncing enabled with Greenhouse.
- This means that you’ll see the application status in Handshake as you hire or reject candidates in Greenhouse.
- This updates every few hours — so check the status icon to see when data was last synced between the two systems!