The Handshake <> Greenhouse Integration will delight your team (and early talent!) by:
- Providing early talent with a streamlined applicant experience by letting them apply on Handshake
- Completing your hiring activities in one system by reviewing applicant information that comes from Handshake all in Greenhouse
- Keeping up-to-date on how your applicants are moving through the process within Handshake
- Available to Handshake Premium customers on the Handshake Enterprise pricing tier.
- Only Employer Owners can configure the Greenhouse Integration with Handshake.
- If you don’t see the “ATS Integration” section pictured below, please contact Handshake support.
How to enable the integration between Handshake and Greenhouse.
1. Initiate the Integration
- Go to Company Settings
- Select ATS Integration
- Select “Integrate with Greenhouse”
2. Enter your Greenhouse Credentials
- Enter the email for your Greenhouse Account
- Enter the password for your Greenhouse Account
- If you’re using SSO (single sign-on) with Greenhouse, you still have access to a password. When in doubt, use their ‘reset password’ flow to grab it!
3. View Integration Confirmation (+ Disconnect Any Time)
- After entering in your Greenhouse credentials, you’ll see a green confirmation alert
- Return to this page if you need to disconnect the integration at any time
Employer Job Creation
How your team will link their jobs from Handshake to Greenhouse.
1. Link Greenhouse Job to Handshake
- Create a new Handshake job, or edit an existing job (that doesn’t have applications yet)
- Select the job you’d like to link to from Greenhouse
- Existing jobs that already have applicants will not be able to link to Greenhouse. If you’d like to sync applications for an existing job, please expire it and start fresh.
2. Decide whether to require a resume
- Optionally include a resume as a part of the student application process
3. Post Your Handshake Job to Schools
- Fill out the rest of the job details
- Choose the schools to post it to
- You’re done! For more information on the job posting process in Handshake, please see “How to Post a Job” in our Handshake Help Center
Student Application Process
How students will view and apply to jobs linked to Greenhouse.
1. Student job discovery
- Students will browse and discover your jobs normally in Handshake.
- For more information on how students find jobs on Handshake, please see “How to Search for Jobs & Internships” in our help center.
2. Student application flow
- Once they find your job, they will click to apply for it in Handshake.
- If you’ve included a resume requirement, they will attach their resume along with their application.
- Once they’ve attached a resume they’ll hit “submit”, and they’re done! Their application will appear in Greenhouse automatically (within a few minutes).
Review Applications in Greenhouse
1. Review Handshake applications in Greenhouse
- After a student has applied in Handshake to a linked job, their application will appear automatically in Greenhouse - with their first name, last name, and email address.
- You’ll see the ‘source’ listed as Handshake.
- And the candidate’s resume attached (if required for the application process).
Application Status Syncing
View hiring data from Greenhouse in Handshake
- Handshake has 2-way application status syncing enabled with Greenhouse.
- This means that you’ll see the application status in Handshake, as you hire or reject candidates in Greenhouse.
- This updates every few hours - so check the status icon to see when data was last synced between our two systems!