Since 2006, Asurint has been redefining how background searches are done; solving problems and reducing anxiety for recruiters and their candidates throughout the hiring process. Using innovative tools that aid in faster turnaround times, more accurate information and seamless integrations, Asurint provides the only background screen optimized to deliver the truth on demand.
Greenhouse Recruiting’s integration with Asurint allows for a seamless integration with an A+ user experience. It also has efficient workflows with complete visibility of the hiring lifecycle. In this guide, we will cover how to:
- Retrieve Asurint’s Endpoint URL and Secret Key
- Configure User Setup Permissions in Greenhouse Recruiting
- Enable the Greenhouse/Asurint Integration
- Initiate a background check through the integration
Retrieve Asurint’s Endpoint URL and Secret Key
Before enabling the Greenhouse/Asurint integration, Greenhouse Recruiting will need three pieces of information:
- Asurint’s Endpoint URL
- Asurint’s username and password
- Asurint package ID information
After a sales agreement has been signed with Asurint, a member of the implementations team will reach out to you directly to share information and begin the onboarding process. If you are an existing client of Asurint please reach out to Client Relations for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.906.2035
Configure User Setup Permissions in Greenhouse Recruiting
After you have received your endpoint URL and credentials from Asurint, contact a Greenhouse user in your organization with Site Admin level permissions with the additional user-specific permission: Can edit another user's advanced permissions.
Have the user with Site Admin level permissions edit your user account's permissions by navigating to the Configure icon ￼> Users > Your Name)> Users > Your Name)
The user with Site Admin level permissions should navigate to the Permissions panel on your user page and expand the Developer Permissions dropdown menu.
Select Can manage and configure web hooks so that a check is in the checkbox. When finished, click Save.
Repeat as necessary for any other user that should have access to set up the integration.
Enable Greenhouse/Asurint Integration
With Asurint’s endpoint URL and credentials copied, and your Greenhouse user permissions enabled, you are ready to enable the Greenhouse/Asurint integration.
To enable the integration, click the Configure icon in the upper right-hand corner and navigate to Dev Center on the left-hand panel.
From the Dev Center page, click Web Hooks. Click Web Hooks from the subsequent page.
You will be directed to a new page where you Create a New Web Hook. From this page provide the following details:
- Name: we suggest “Asurint Integration”
- When: Be sure to select the right web hook so that the web hook fires at the appropriate event in Greenhouse [Candidate has been Hired]
- Endpoint URL: The Endpoint URL received from the Asurint Client Implementations team
- Username and Password: The Credentials received from the Asurint Client Implementations team
When finished, click Create Web hook.
That's it! Your Greenhouse account and Asurint account can now talk to each other.
How to use the Asurint Integration with Greenhouse
To initiate the background screening follow the below steps:
- From the candidate page click on “manage offer”
- Create an offer
- Select the start date, employment type and background package.
- Mark Candidate as hired and reconfirm the package and employment type and fill in any remaining boxes. Click Save
- From there an email link will be generated and sent directly to the candidate to complete the background forms.
Please contact your Asurint representative or contact support at email@example.com for troubleshooting assistance regarding the integration.