Planted is a smart career platform that matches top business talent with growing and innovative companies.
Planted’s smart matching engine carefully curates candidates and shortlists the ones who best fit your needs. We have qualified candidates ready for new opportunities in customer service, marketing, sales, product, operations, admin, and more! We also support a range of hiring options including direct hire, trial-to-perm, project-based, contract work, or seasonal support. Our Customer Success team can set you up and send applicants your way in as little as 24 hours! Come check us out at www.planted.com.
Greenhouse’s integration with Planted will allow Planted to automatically submit candidate data to your Greenhouse account and receive status updates on applications. In this article, we will cover how to:
- Generate a Partner API Key for Greenhouse/Planted Integration
- Authenticate your Greenhouse/Planted Integration
- Connect your Planted jobs to their corresponding Greenhouse jobs
To generate a Partner API key for Planted:
Important note: Only users who have the advanced "Can manage ALL organization's API credentials" permission can generate Partner API keys.
- Head over to the API Credential Management page in your Greenhouse account.
- Click this link to get there: https://app2.greenhouse.io/configure/dev_center/credentials
- If that doesn’t work,
- Click the Configure tab in your top menu. You can also click the gear icon in the upper right corner or try this link: https://app2.greenhouse.io/configure.
- Click Dev Center, and then click API Credential Management.
- On the API Credential Management page, click the Create New API Key button
- In the Create new credential modal:
- In the Description field, type Planted.
- From the Type drop-down menu, select Partner.
- From the Client Application drop-down menu, select Planted.
- Once this is all filled out, click Create.
- This will create a new API key for Planted, which you will find in the list below any other API keys you may have previously created.
To authenticate your Greenhouse/Planted Integration:
- Head over to the ATS Integration section of your Planted account.
- Click this link to get there: https://www.planted.com/company/settings/ats
- If that doesn’t work,
- Log-in to your Planted account, click your name in the upper right corner to open the settings menu, and then click ATS Integrations.
- On the ATS Integrations page, click Connect with Greenhouse. Here you will be asked for the Greenhouse Partner API Key that was created for Planted and the email address of the Greenhouse User who created it.
- Copy and paste the API Key from your Greenhouse account.
- Enter the email address listed under Created by and save it to your Planted account.
- Once you’ve saved both the Partner API and Greenhouse User Email Address in Planted, click Connect and we’ll check your authentication credentials
To connect your Planted jobs to their corresponding Greenhouse jobs:
- Once Greenhouse is successfully connected with Planted, you’ll need to connect your existing Planted jobs to their corresponding Greenhouse jobs to sync candidate data and statuses. There are two different ways to do this:
- Connect individual Planted jobs from their corresponding Job Details pages
- If you don’t have any existing Planted jobs, first create a job on Planted and then connect it to its corresponding Greenhouse job.
- Once your Planted job(s) are connected, sit back, relax, and watch awesome candidates get added to your Greenhouse account when we find applicants who could be a good fit!
- Be sure to check out the “Activity Feed” for each candidate in Greenhouse to see a copy of their Planted Q&A answers as well as a link to their application on Planted where you can find additional information, including sound bites!
For troubleshooting assistance regarding Greenhouse/Planted integration, please try to reach us on our chat during east coast business hours at https://www.planted.com/companies or email email@example.com.